    Does anybody know if something like this excists ?

    Regards and thanks in advance,

    Wil Jansen
    Wil Jansen, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Wil Jansen

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:46:07 +0200, Wil Jansen wrote:

    >Hello everybody,
    >
    >I am looking for a function (program, add in) to send automaticly emails
    >from a file.
    >The functionality should be something like :

    Try www.google.com

    1st guess outlook command line

    http://www.petri.co.il/outlook_2003_command_line_switches.htm

    >- The program detects a new file in a folder
    >- in the file is defined the e-mail address to mail to,the subject and the
    >body of the email
    >
    >Does anybody know if something like this excists ?

    Does OL really matter?

    >Regards and thanks in advance,

    Since OL accepts scripting, see the OL MVP sites / Microsoft OL
    newsgroups and scripting tools.

    There are a couple of VB file monitors that will perform an action when
    a new file is detected.

    It may be easier simply to have a file monitor and an email script,
    without OL in the way.

    Ever heard of blat?
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/blat
    It will accept a message file, recipient name or from a file and so on.

    Anither google hit,

    Using Microsoft Outlook to Schedule Report Transmissions
    Another method would be to skip Outlook and use the Command Line Mail
    Sender ... This form was designed before the Outlook Email Security
    Update imposed ...
    www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

    and this from MS
    How to use command line switches to create a pre-addressed e-mail ...
    In the Command Line box, type the following. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office10\Outlook.exe" /c ipm.note /m <full e-mail name>. In this
    command ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287573 - Similar pages
    How to use command line switches to create a pre-addressed e-mail
    message in Outlook

    Me
    why?, Sep 24, 2007