    disregarding how the cams are different in features and complexity,
    can anybody compare the quality of pictures taken in the same conditions
    with both cams please

    alex, Jul 31, 2003

  2. alex

    Oscar Guest

    Re: looking for opinions on QUALITY OF PICTURES for Sony S85 vsSony F717 if any ...

    There are reviews with sample pics of both cameras at
    <http://www.dpreview.com/>. Compare the reviews. That's about as close
    as you're going to get, without performing your own tests.

    Oscar, Aug 1, 2003

  3. alex

    Guest

    On 31 Jul 2003 13:45:45 -0700, (alex) wrote:

    >disregarding how the cams are different in features and complexity,
    >can anybody compare the quality of pictures taken in the same

    conditions
    >with both cams please

    This can be very subjective. I sold one of my S85s to a friend of
    mine and bought a F-707. I can shoot pretty good pictures with the
    F-707, but my buddy makes the S-85 dance. I think, at this level,
    knowledge of photography has more to with it then the camera. Just my
    opinion.

    If the F717 is as good or better then the 707 then it will do great
    pics. That having been said, unless you are a power user, I don't
    feel the diff in price between the 717 and the 85 justify the upgrade.

    I purchased another S85 for every day use as the F7X7 can be a bit
    much to lug around.

    I'm a new toy fiend so I of course will be picking up the V1.
    --
    Like a game of pick up stick played by fucking lunatics

    , Aug 1, 2003