    It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?

    Geoff
    Geoff Pearson, Aug 2, 2009

  2. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85 and
    > would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas but they
    > don't keep them.
    >
    > It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    > searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?
    >
    > Geoff

    Considering that the tapes of the first moon landing were erased...
    I guess I can see that a 25 year old cat-food commercial was not archived.
    OTOH: In the ironic world we live in, chances are it is archived somewhere.

    Of course to find it is going to be next to impossible.

    I suppose the first step would be to see if "Whiskas" could at least let
    you know what agency they were using in 1984/85.

    Chances are though, the images that your friend has in their mind...
    are better than the reality of it all <G>
    philo, Aug 2, 2009

  3. "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >> A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85
    >> and would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas
    >> but they don't keep them.
    >>
    >> It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    >> searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?
    >>
    >> Geoff

    > Considering that the tapes of the first moon landing were erased...
    > I guess I can see that a 25 year old cat-food commercial was not archived.
    > OTOH: In the ironic world we live in, chances are it is archived
    > somewhere.
    >
    > Of course to find it is going to be next to impossible.
    >
    > I suppose the first step would be to see if "Whiskas" could at least let
    > you know what agency they were using in 1984/85.
    >

    > Chances are though, the images that your friend has in their mind...
    > are better than the reality of it all <G>

    One can ask - we may find the world catfood ad expert.
    Geoff Pearson, Aug 2, 2009
  4. Geoff Pearson wrote:

    >> Chances are though, the images that your friend has in their mind...
    >> are better than the reality of it all <G>

    >One can ask - we may find the world catfood ad expert.

    I am the world catfood ad expert, I don't remember that ad.
    World catfood ad expert, Aug 2, 2009
  5. Geoff Pearson

    Me Guest

    "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >>> A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85
    >>> and would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas
    >>> but they don't keep them.
    >>>
    >>> It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search
    >>> engine searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising
    >>> agencies?
    >>>
    >>> Geoff

    >> Considering that the tapes of the first moon landing were erased...
    >> I guess I can see that a 25 year old cat-food commercial was not
    >> archived.
    >> OTOH: In the ironic world we live in, chances are it is archived
    >> somewhere.
    >>
    >> Of course to find it is going to be next to impossible.
    >>
    >> I suppose the first step would be to see if "Whiskas" could at least let
    >> you know what agency they were using in 1984/85.
    >>

    >> Chances are though, the images that your friend has in their mind...
    >> are better than the reality of it all <G>

    > One can ask - we may find the world catfood ad expert.

    Try Youtube. There are tons of old adverts on there
    Me, Aug 2, 2009
  6. Geoff Pearson

    G. Morgan Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:

    >A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85 and
    >would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas but they
    >don't keep them.
    >
    >It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    >searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?

    These guys will get it for a hefty fee:
    http://www.usatvads.net/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=contact

    Or keep looking yourself:
    http://www.google.com/Top/Arts/Television/Commercials/

    --
    Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.
    - William Hazlitt
    G. Morgan, Aug 2, 2009
  7. Geoff Pearson <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    > A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in

    1984/85 and
    > would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas

    but they
    > don't keep them.
    >
    > It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search

    engine
    > searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising

    agencies?

    > Geoff

    I'd try youtubes search app on their website.

    Something like "whiskas cat food" should be general enough to turn up a
    few hits.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 2, 2009
  8. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >
    >>A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85
    >>and
    >>would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas but
    >>they
    >>don't keep them.
    >>
    >>It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    >>searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?

    > These guys will get it for a hefty fee:
    > http://www.usatvads.net/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=contact
    >
    > Or keep looking yourself:
    > http://www.google.com/Top/Arts/Television/Commercials/

    Maybe a re-encatment is in order

    LOL
    I made a typo but will leave it as most of my typos are better than what I
    had originall intended to say <G>
    philo, Aug 2, 2009
  9. Geoff Pearson

    G. Morgan Guest

    philo wrote:

    >Maybe a re-encatment is in order
    >

    >LOL
    >I made a typo but will leave it as most of my typos are better than what I
    >had originall intended to say <G>

    Good one, it was punny. :)

    G. Morgan, Aug 2, 2009
  10. "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >A friend of mine appeared in a Whiskas cat food TV commercial in 1984/85
    >and would like to get a copy of it. She has been in touch with Whiskas but
    >they don't keep them.
    >
    > It seemed to feature "Tigger". We've done Google and other search engine
    > searches but not seen anything. Anyone any ideas - advertising agencies?
    >
    > Geoff

    Some tapes have arrived - anonymously - not sure how. Will post them on You
    Tube for posterity.
    Geoff Pearson, Aug 4, 2009