    Tim
    gradnik_at_gmail.com
    , Aug 4, 2005

  2. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 4 Aug 2005 02:24:22 -0700, in rec.photo.digital wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to find the Micrographics picture publisher, i've been using
    >version 6.0, but i liked the the version 9 very much.

    FWIW, you are aware Corel bought the whole suite years ago.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Hi Tim,
    I personally wouldn't hesitate to copy a friend's CD because
    Corel has stopped supporting this application.
    I have been using Picture Publisher since it was first released
    and I have found nothing better for my use.
    Gene

    Gene F. Rhodes, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Don Stauffer Guest

    Gene F. Rhodes wrote:
    > Hi Tim,
    > I personally wouldn't hesitate to copy a friend's CD because
    > Corel has stopped supporting this application.
    > I have been using Picture Publisher since it was first released
    > and I have found nothing better for my use.
    > Gene
    >
    > I used to love Picture Publisher, and used it until I went with Paint

    Shop Pro. That was before Corel bought PSP. I wonder if they will end
    up killing PSP like they did PP :-(

    Micrografix (the original creator of PP) also had a low cost package
    called Photo Magic. That was the best value around for power vs price,
    in my estimation. I used it before I got a good deal on PP as a PM user.
    Don Stauffer, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Hi Tim

    You may want to check out the information on my website (
    http://www.trgtc.net ). I offer an update for Picture Publisher10 DCE and
    Corel Photobook that gives you about 95% of what you would have with
    PP10PRO. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
    Best Regards,

    Jon Olson
    "The Right Guy To Call"
    ==============================­========
    Give Corel Photobook or Picture Publisher 10 DCE,
    95% of the POWER of Picture Publisher 10 PRO.
    Get The Hidden Tools at http://www.trgtc.net
    ==============================­========

    TheRightGuyToCall, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Robbie Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:55:35 -0400, "TheRightGuyToCall"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Tim
    >
    >You may want to check out the information on my website (
    >http://www.trgtc.net ). I offer an update for Picture Publisher10 DCE and
    >Corel Photobook that gives you about 95% of what you would have with
    >PP10PRO. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
    >Best Regards,
    >

    >Jon Olson
    >"The Right Guy To Call"

    Interesting... but PP10 pro only cost around $100. why are you selling an add on
    for 85$??
    Robbie, Aug 14, 2005
  7. tigrrrr Guest

    Is there a place on the net where one can buy an old versions of
    programs?

    The offer of "TheRightGuy" seems much to high IMHO..
    (besides there is no guarantee its working as promised)

    I still haven't found what i was looking for:)

    tigrrrr, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Robbie Guest

    On 15 Aug 2005 08:10:45 -0700, "tigrrrr" <> wrote:

    >Is there a place on the net where one can buy an old versions of
    >programs?
    >
    >The offer of "TheRightGuy" seems much to high IMHO..
    >(besides there is no guarantee its working as promised)
    >
    >I still haven't found what i was looking for:)

    I don't know... I got PP 10 Pro at Futureshop... but I think it isn't made
    anymore... I used to have PP 7 as well... 10 only runs on XP.
    Robbie, Aug 16, 2005
  9. "tigrrrr" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a place on the net where one can buy an old versions of
    > programs?
    >
    > The offer of "TheRightGuy" seems much to high IMHO..
    > (besides there is no guarantee its working as promised)
    >
    > I still haven't found what i was looking for:)

    Corel purchased the software years ago and no longer publishes it, AFAIK.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Aug 16, 2005
  10. tigrrrr Guest

    Hi Robbie,

    Could you please contact me regarding the PP10 on my email
    gradnik-at-gmail-com ?

    thanks,

    Tim
    tigrrrr, Aug 16, 2005
  11. Hi,

    Picture Publisher 10 PRO originally sold in the stores for
    $140(Full)/$90(Upgrade) if I remember correctly. For the past 3 years or so,
    it has been VERY hard to find, and when it did show up on eBay it usually
    sold for $150 to $325, and MOST of those that sold between 12/2004 and
    7/2005 were illegal bootleg copies from one particular seller. I can imagine
    how it must feel to spend $300 on a bootleg copy, just to see that if you
    had waited for the next auction you could have spent $150 instead.

    My Hidden Tools update for PP10DCE/Corel Photobook is simply a legal
    way to get about 95% of PP10PRO without spending a lot of money,
    or buying an illegal bootleg.

    Unfortunately, there is NO LEGAL WAY to update PP10DCE/Photobook
    to be exactly 100% the same as PP10PRO (believe me, I've tried). So if
    you see someone offering that, he is either not telling the truth, or is
    selling illegally modified software that could possibly cause you problems.

    Also, I DO guarantee that what I sell IS what I say it is.

    Basically, if you're looking for Picture Publisher 10 PRO, this is as
    close as you can reasonably expect to get without buying illegal
    software or paying over $150. You might get lucky and find a copy
    of PP10PRO for a little less, but I wouldn't count on it.
    In the 1 1/2 years that I've been selling The Hidden Tools, I've kept
    the price UNDER $100 so that it would be accessible to virtually
    anyone who wanted it.

    Corel Photobook, PP10DCE, and PP10PRO all work just fine with
    Windows 98/98SE/ME/XP.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

    Best Regards,

    Jon Olson
    "The Right Guy To Call"

    TheRightGuyToCall, Aug 17, 2005