    I have been through Macromedia's site several times and also sent them the
    question from their customer service pages, but have received no answer.

    Charlie

    Charlie Bress, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Charlie Bress

    Senti Guest

    Charlie Bress did mumble with his mouth full...

    > I unistalled Flash Player. At the time it sounded like a good idea.
    >
    > It wasn't
    >
    > Now I cannot install version 7 from their site. I have turned off my
    > firewall and popup stoppers.
    > I reduced privacy and security settings All to no avail.
    >
    > My system has a Pentium II and Flash Player 7 says it needs a PIII.
    > That may be the problem as part of the error message is that "Object
    > doesn't support this property or method".
    >
    > Where can I get a download of version 6? Has anybody have it in an
    > installable form (zip or exe) who can either send it to me or have it
    > on a web site where I could download?
    >
    > I have been through Macromedia's site several times and also sent
    > them the question from their customer service pages, but have
    > received no answer.
    >
    > Charlie

    Try these links:
    http://www.pcmag.co.uk/Download/Thankyou/1130804

    http://www.pcmag.co.uk/Download/1130804

    Found via Google "macromedia+flash+version+6"
    Results 1-10 of about 564,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.

    --
    ~SF~
    123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12

    Senti, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Charlie Bress

    °Mike° Guest

    You can get older version here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/oldplayers.htm

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:22:29 -0500, in
    <>
    Charlie Bress scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Re: Looking for Macromedia Flash Player vers 6 NOT YET

    "Charlie Bress" <> wrote in message
    >> Where can I get a download of version 6? Has anybody have it in an

    > installable form (zip or exe) who can either send it to me or have it on a
    > web site where I could download?

    Well, I got two good answers except they don't work for me.

    The link Mike sent looks as if it would work, but apparently only downloads
    an activex file and not the promised cab file.

    The links that senti offered up look as if they would work, but although te
    page says vesion 6, when a download is attempted it takes you to
    Macromedia's version 7 page. BTW I did notify the folks there of this
    problem using the link they provided for reporting difficulties.

    Charlie

    Charlie Bress, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Charlie Bress

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Looking for Macromedia Flash Player vers 6 NOT YET

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:28:03 -0500, in
    <>
    Charlie Bress scrawled:

    >"Charlie Bress" <> wrote in message
    >>> Where can I get a download of version 6? Has anybody have it in an

    >> installable form (zip or exe) who can either send it to me or have it on a
    >> web site where I could download?

    >Well, I got two good answers except they don't work for me.
    >
    >The link Mike sent looks as if it would work, but apparently only downloads
    >an activex file and not the promised cab file.

    The Flash controls ARE ActiveX controls. Now try reading the instructions, ie:

    For more information on removing and installing the Flash Player, see
    How to uninstall the Flash plug-in and ActiveX Control
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/remove_player.htm

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 24, 2003