    scrolling code.

    Does any know where I could find this article??

    Cheers

    Jax, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Jax

    dantu Guest

    Jax wrote:

    >I once read a nice article which detailed how Netscape made their code
    >open source and how they had to pull out parts that didn't conform to the
    > license. It then went on to describe the party they had with the
    > scrolling code.
    >
    >Does any know where I could find this article??
    >
    >Cheers

    Jax

    that article referred to making Communicator the basis
    for the open source, which fell through rather quickly. Mozilla.org
    basically had to rewrite from scratch after that. Mozilla code (and
    hence Netscape 6/7) owe nothing to Communicator code, aside from general
    layout

    The code referred to is no longer available. you might
    wish to visit Mozilla.org and peruse the history pages there, they may
    show some insight into this

    dantu, Nov 30, 2003