    focus/understanding....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jan 24, 2007

  2. thingy

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:59:43 +1300, thingy wrote:

    > If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg,
    > I can drop you jd.
    >
    > Senior Business Analyst
    > Network & Security Architect
    > Security Manager
    > Change/Release Manager
    > Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    > Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    > Help Desk Operator
    > Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    > Solutions Architect
    >
    > Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    > focus/understanding....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????
    Steve, Jan 24, 2007

  3. thingy

    Shane Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    Remote???
    Thats flipping interplanetary!
    Shane, Jan 24, 2007
  4. thingy

    Rob Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg, I
    > can drop you jd.
    >
    > Senior Business Analyst
    > Network & Security Architect
    > Security Manager
    > Change/Release Manager
    > Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    > Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    > Help Desk Operator
    > Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    > Solutions Architect
    >
    > Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    > focus/understanding....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Are you looking for 1 person to do the lot, or 10 different people. Whats
    the company or the area it is in?
    Rob, Jan 24, 2007
  5. thingy

    bok Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "thingy" <> wrote in message
    >> If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg, I
    >> can drop you jd.
    >>
    >> Senior Business Analyst
    >> Network & Security Architect
    >> Security Manager
    >> Change/Release Manager
    >> Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    >> Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    >> Help Desk Operator
    >> Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    >> Solutions Architect
    >>
    >> Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    >> focus/understanding....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > Are you looking for 1 person to do the lot, or 10 different people. Whats
    > the company or the area it is in?

    1 person to do the lot, hmmmmm ....

    I'd check whether each role comes with a different hat (and salary) and
    whether you are expected to perform in the x 2 roles concurrently
    (multi-tasked) or serially. At least when you are occupying a non-senior
    post (and wearing the appropriate hat) you can lose your years of
    experience and business understanding.
    bok, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Hi there,

    Shane wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >

    >>Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    > Remote???
    > Thats flipping interplanetary!

    Its easily done. The Brisbane Engineering office I work for has its
    head office in Perth, and all IT/CADD etc stuff is managed remotely
    unless a box suffers a hardware problem...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...
    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 24, 2007
  7. thingy

    Dany Wu Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    > Remote???
    > Thats flipping interplanetary!

    Wow - that's neat :eek:) I'm not sure what it's like for a sys admin but
    I'm (well, soon will be...) a developer working for a Porirua company
    remotely from ChCh. Now I can say I'm an "Interplanetary Developer"...

    D.
    Dany Wu, Jan 24, 2007
  8. thingy

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:06:18 +1300, Dany Wu wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> Steve wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    >> Remote???
    >> Thats flipping interplanetary!
    >>

    > Wow - that's neat :eek:) I'm not sure what it's like for a sys admin but
    > I'm (well, soon will be...) a developer working for a Porirua company
    > remotely from ChCh. Now I can say I'm an "Interplanetary Developer"...
    >
    > D.

    Hey, if it's C++ or Java, do you want to work locally instead???
    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  9. thingy

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:25:51 +1300, Shane wrote:

    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    > Remote???
    > Thats flipping interplanetary!

    Maybe, but my servers are in the states at the moment.
    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  10. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "thingy" <> wrote in message
    >> If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg, I
    >> can drop you jd.
    >>
    >> Senior Business Analyst
    >> Network & Security Architect
    >> Security Manager
    >> Change/Release Manager
    >> Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    >> Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    >> Help Desk Operator
    >> Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    >> Solutions Architect
    >>
    >> Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    >> focus/understanding....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > Are you looking for 1 person to do the lot, or 10 different people. Whats
    > the company or the area it is in?

    We are looking for 15 staff...each role above is for one person...though
    at least 2 roles we want two people for each....

    It is in Wellington.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jan 24, 2007
  11. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:59:43 +1300, thingy wrote:
    >
    >> If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg,
    >> I can drop you jd.
    >>
    >> Senior Business Analyst
    >> Network & Security Architect
    >> Security Manager
    >> Change/Release Manager
    >> Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    >> Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    >> Help Desk Operator
    >> Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    >> Solutions Architect
    >>
    >> Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    >> focus/understanding....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    No, the senior admin roles involve going to meetings with clients so
    they have an important face to face role.....they are mis-named really
    as they contain a consulting %.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jan 24, 2007
  12. thingy

    Shane Guest

    Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Shane wrote:
    >> Steve wrote:
    >>

    >>>Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    >> Remote???
    >> Thats flipping interplanetary!

    > Its easily done. The Brisbane Engineering office I work for has its
    > head office in Perth, and all IT/CADD etc stuff is managed remotely
    > unless a box suffers a hardware problem...

    er yeah, I was being flippant. My job involves working on servers in the
    states. (Well lets be honest, what NZ based intarweb company isnt doing
    that these days)
    Still Chch is another flippin planet away from New Zealand :p
    Shane, Jan 24, 2007
  13. thingy

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:12:58 +1300, Shane wrote:

    > Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Shane wrote:

    >>> Remote???
    >>> Thats flipping interplanetary!

    >> Its easily done. The Brisbane Engineering office I work for has its
    >> head office in Perth, and all IT/CADD etc stuff is managed remotely
    >> unless a box suffers a hardware problem...
    >>

    > er yeah, I was being flippant. My job involves working on servers in the
    > states. (Well lets be honest, what NZ based intarweb company isnt doing
    > that these days)
    > Still Chch is another flippin planet away from New Zealand :p

    No, not really. Do you really think that if I wanted to live in a (big)
    city, Welly or Akl would be my first choices? I'm quite happy here, thank
    you.
    Steve, Jan 25, 2007