    disable it?

    Thanks

    Alan
    AK, Jan 27, 2005

  2. RE: Looking for iexplanations for Intel PROset/Wireless or Microsoft c

    In general, Microsoft client is better for home use (when you don't have
    sophisticated enterpise level crypto) and if you have XP SP1 or SP2.

    "Disable radio" means disable physical transmitter of the WLAN card.
    It is proprietary option for every WLAN device vendor (in your case - Intel
    Centrino adapter). Microsoft Wireless configuration utility does not support
    this yet.
    You should disable radio in any place where radio transmitters are
    prohibited (in aircraft, in some hospitals etc).

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Jan 27, 2005

  3. AK

    AK Guest

    Re: Looking for iexplanations for Intel PROset/Wireless or Microsoft c

    Thanks for a very clear explanation instead of the cryptic notes scattered
    all ovre Dell's and Microsoft's websites.

    Alan

    AK, Jan 28, 2005
  4. AK

    Pavel A. Guest

    Re: Looking for iexplanations for Intel PROset/Wireless or Microsoft c

    You're welcome

    Pavel A., Feb 1, 2005
  5. AK

    Geoff Hicks Guest

    Sorry Alan, not an answer!

    I have exactly the same question and thought a reply might bring your
    question to the top and elicit an actual reply.

    Geoff.

    Geoff Hicks, Feb 16, 2005
  6. It sounds like you have a built in wireless,the Intel, and an adapter you
    purchased and plugged in, the microsoft.

    Try one at a time and see which one works best for you.

    Robert...

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 16, 2005