    It had a hint of brown but not close enough...

    Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    Larrry

    larry, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Try: #840000 #6300000 #AD0000 #AD4A18 #844D18

    Tony

    Tony Borgosano, Oct 4, 2004

  3. larry

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, larry says...
    > Greetings
    >
    > I am looking for the hex code for brown....
    >
    > I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown, but
    > when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...
    >
    > It had a hint of brown but not close enough...
    >
    > Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    Sorry but it appears this is a subjective thing from your point of
    view.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Oct 4, 2004
  4. larry

    WormWood Guest

    "larry" <> wrote in message
    | Greetings
    |
    | I am looking for the hex code for brown....
    |
    | I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown,
    but
    | when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...
    |
    | It had a hint of brown but not close enough...
    |
    | Does anyone know the hex code from brown?
    |
    | Larrry

    Adjust your monitor colors or the colors as shown in your graphics
    editor.

    WormWood, Oct 4, 2004
  5. larry

    Steve Guest

    http://html-color-codes.com/

    Steve, Oct 4, 2004
  6. larry

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:43:59 -0400, larry wrote:

    >Greetings
    >
    >I am looking for the hex code for brown....
    >
    >I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown, but
    >when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...

    It doesn't usually, how are you using it for text or an image, border?

    Depends on monitor, maybe even browser rendering not all browsers are
    equal. Screen gamma, brightness, adjustments. Lots of sites try
    www.google.com

    What code did you try?

    >It had a hint of brown but not close enough...
    >
    >Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    Did you have a look at the safe palette (non-dithering) colors? Which
    doesn't have an exact brown.

    Then you are looking at non safe, dithering colors less of an issue now
    days but color codes outside the safe 216 will show but dither in a way
    you may not like.

    The color name is 'brown' but that may have browser issue if it doesn't
    know the name 'brown'

    Try
    http://www.mandarindesign.com/color.html
    http://www.webstyleguide.com/graphics/displays.html

    http://www.tntluoma.com/sidebars/triplecolors/
    comments on appearance are mine.

    SaddleBrown #8B4513 , more like 'brown' I think.
    Sienna #A0522D
    Brown #A52A2A , a bit on the red side.
    BurlyWood #DEB887 more like light tan
    SandyBrown #F4A460
    Tan #D2B48C

    And the reference
    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/

    Me

    why?, Oct 4, 2004
  7. larry wrote:

    > I am looking for the hex code for brown....

    How long is string?

    > I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown, but
    > when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...

    > It had a hint of brown but not close enough...

    > Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    Define "brown".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Double Blue - Wolverines and Dodgers

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2004
  8. larry

    why? Guest

    On 4 Oct 2004 19:01:24 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >larry wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for the hex code for brown....

    >How long is string?

    It usually says on the packet.

    >> I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown, but
    >> when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...

    >> It had a hint of brown but not close enough...

    >> Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    >Define "brown".

    Okay :)

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brown&db=*

    brown [EXT] ( P ) Pronunciation Key (broun)
    n.
    Any of a group of colors between red and yellow in hue that are medium
    to low in lightness and low to moderate in saturation.

    Me

    why?, Oct 4, 2004
  9. why? wrote:

    > On 4 Oct 2004 19:01:24 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>larry wrote:

    >>> I am looking for the hex code for brown....

    >>How long is string?

    > It usually says on the packet.

    Then he needs to find a packet of brown. :)

    >>> I did find webpage of various colors and found their code for brown, but
    >>> when I used it it didn't look that brown to me...

    >>> It had a hint of brown but not close enough...

    >>> Does anyone know the hex code from brown?

    >>Define "brown".

    > Okay :)

    > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brown&db=*

    > brown [EXT] ( P ) Pronunciation Key (broun)
    > n.
    > Any of a group of colors between red and yellow in hue that are medium
    > to low in lightness and low to moderate in saturation.

    Works for me. That was my point.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2004
  10. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > How long is string?

    You think that's unanswerable? It's not. :) It's twice the
    distance from the middle to an end. ;)

    Bruce the Shark, Oct 4, 2004
  11. Bruce the Shark wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> How long is string?

    > You think that's unanswerable? It's not. :) It's twice the
    > distance from the middle to an end. ;)

    Yes, that's about as old as the question itself.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 5, 2004
  12. larry

    larry Guest

    Brown as in the colour of tree bark...
    Larry

    larry, Oct 6, 2004
  13. larry

    larry Guest

    The hex string is 6 charactors long... for example #FFFFFF
    Larry

    larry, Oct 6, 2004
  14. larry

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:16:28 -0400, larry wrote:

    >The hex string is 6 charactors long... for example #FFFFFF

    Although using CSS, the shorthand is #fff, #ff66aa will be #f6a, which
    is shorter.

    >Larry
    >

    >Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> why? wrote:

    >> > It usually says on the packet.

    >> Then he needs to find a packet of brown. :)

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 6, 2004
  15. larry

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:15:28 -0400, larry wrote:

    >Brown as in the colour of tree bark...

    Don't have a tree handy, although most bark around the local area is a
    sort of gray - http://images.google.com/images?q=tree bark as per the
    1st / 3rd pisture.

    Here is an idea, browse through the images (all 8,310) find one that's
    close to your brown. Sample the color off the picture, that should work.
    The problem there is the real thing is textured and has various colors /
    shading so it may never look good as a single color.

    Color selections, already posted.
    http://www.tntluoma.com/sidebars/triplecolors/

    More,
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colors.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colorsfull.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

    Try the middle of those 3, which leads to, try various different
    combinations
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorsmore.asp?color=96

    >Larry

    >> >How long is string?

    >> It usually says on the packet.

    >but

    <snip>

    >> >Define "brown".

    >> Okay :)
    >>
    >> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brown&db=*
    >>
    >> brown [EXT] ( P ) Pronunciation Key (broun)
    >> n.
    >> Any of a group of colors between red and yellow in hue that are medium
    >> to low in lightness and low to moderate in saturation.
    >>

    >> Me

    Me

    why?, Oct 6, 2004
  16. "larry" <> wrote in message
    > Brown as in the colour of tree bark...

    Which tree? Old or young bark?
    Summer or winter?
    Sunny or cloudy day?

    My eyes can distinguish many dozens of different browns.

    [snip]

    Franz

    Franz Heymann, Oct 6, 2004
  17. larry

    Carlos Guest

    Just click this link and pick your color:
    http://www.manachi.com/JavaColors.html
    enjoy
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 20, 2004