Looking for help with MTU/RWIN settings to optimize EVDO

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Matt, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I'm looking for help with setting MTU and RWIN to optimize EVDO on a
    Windows XP laptop I have running Sprint EVDO service (with a Novatel
    EX720).

    I have started this wiki page in an attempt to enable the Windows
    wireless-networking/EVDO community(ies) to resolve on a consensus
    procedure and tools:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_single-user_networking_performance_optimizing

    I did this in part because I'm having significant difficulty figuring
    out what the optimal settings or procedures are from this thread:

    http://www.evdoforums.com/thread504.html

    ....or even how to tell what settings I do have for my EVDO system. One
    challenge: I think many of the networking-management optimizers/tools
    were not written with EVDO in mind or with EVDO support, but I'm only
    guess.

    For a specific reference to my questions and problems in the above
    thread, one can start reading at this post later in the thread:

    http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=33481#33481

    Thanks for any help,
    -Matt
    --
    Remove "downwithspammers-" text to email me.

    Matt, Jun 29, 2007