    So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
    for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
    out. Thanks!

    Cyberplotz, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Cyberplotz

    Frank_G Guest

    there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into Word or
    is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels

    Frank_G, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Cyberplotz

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "Frank_G" <> wrote in message
    : there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
    Word or
    : is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
    :
    :

    And this is available where?

    :
    : "Cyberplotz" <> wrote in message
    : news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
    : > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when
    : > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to
    load
    : > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
    : > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
    that
    : > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
    : >

    PuppyKatt, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Cyberplotz

    JM Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:47:18 GMT, Cyberplotz wrote:

    > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
    > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
    > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
    > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
    > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
    >
    > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
    > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
    > out. Thanks!

    For address labels and barcodes I would suggest LabelMaster or Zebra, their
    software is available from their websites.
    --
    Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
    Joseph Campbell

    JM, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Cyberplotz

    Frank_G Guest

    just do a google search for the Avery website

    --
    xx

    Frank_G, Feb 7, 2004
  6. Cyberplotz

    kipper Guest

    The Envelopes/Labels in the Tools menu in Word is quite good too as you can
    customise your labels to whatever size you want. Only set back is that you
    can only print 1 or whole page

    kipper, Feb 7, 2004
  7. Cyberplotz

    Cyberplotz Guest

    Frank_G wrote:
    > just do a google search for the Avery website
    >
    > --
    > xx
    > "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Frank_G" <> wrote in message
    >>: there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
    >>Word or
    >>: is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
    >>:
    >>:
    >>
    >>And this is available where?
    >>
    >>:
    >>: "Cyberplotz" <> wrote in message
    >>: news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
    >>: > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when
    >>: > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to
    >>load
    >>: > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
    >>: > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
    >>that
    >>: > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
    >>: >
    >>: > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
    >>Mostly
    >>: > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
    >>help me
    >>: > out. Thanks!
    >>: >
    >>:
    >>:

    Here's the link:

    http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp

    Once you get there, click on "Avery DesignPro Software." The next page
    will feature a free download link. I used it - works like a charm.

    Cyberplotz, Feb 7, 2004
  8. Cyberplotz

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Got it; thanks to all who replied.

    : Frank_G wrote:
    : > just do a google search for the Avery website
    : >
    : > --
    : > xx
    : > "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    : > news:Dd8Vb.378$...
    : >
    : >>"Frank_G" <> wrote in message
    : >>news:X%6Vb.14532$...
    : >>: there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
    : >>Word or
    : >>: is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
    : >>:
    : >>:
    : >>
    : >>And this is available where?
    : >>
    : >>:
    : >>: "Cyberplotz" <> wrote in message
    : >>: news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
    : >>: > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from
    when
    : >>I
    : >>: > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try
    : >>load
    : >>: > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
    : >>: > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
    : >>that
    : >>: > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
    : >>: >
    : >>: > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
    : >>Mostly
    : >>: > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
    : >>help me
    : >>: > out. Thanks!
    : >>: >
    : >>:
    : >>:
    : >>
    : >>
    : >
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Here's the link:
    :

    PuppyKatt, Feb 7, 2004
  9. Cyberplotz

    Unk Guest

    "My Advanced Label Designer" works perfectly well in WinXP. I've been using
    it since the Win95 days. The only problem is that it won't INSTALL in
    WinXP. Just copy the entire existing folder (If you still have it) to the
    XP machine and create a new shortcut to "MYLABEL.EXE"

    Unk, Feb 7, 2004
  10. Cyberplotz

    narcdogg

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Arizona
    My Label Designer

    I don't know what version you have but I installed mine on my XP machine and it works fine.

    I have My Advanced Label Designer version 4.1.0.0 I had no problems installing it either.

    narcdogg, Jun 3, 2007