Looking for good AVI converter

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Murgi, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    Hi,
    I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly AVI files).
    They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player that supports a number
    of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to convert
    them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or CD. I
    have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated or
    too slow.

    Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use software
    that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial software).
    I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple settings,
    etc.

    Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion issues? Any
    hint is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Murgi email: -net.ne.jp

    Murgi, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Murgi

    colin Guest

    "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly AVI

    files).
    > They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player that supports a

    number
    > of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to

    convert
    > them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or CD. I
    > have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated or
    > too slow.
    >
    > Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use

    software
    > that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial

    software).
    > I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple settings,
    > etc.
    >
    > Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion issues? Any
    > hint is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi email: -net.ne.jp

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =---

    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=TMPGEnc
    colin, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Murgi

    me Guest

    Try TMPGenc .It's a pretty useful program and will convert AVI to NTSC/PAL
    in Mpeg1 or 2 formats.

    > Hi,
    > I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly AVI

    files).
    > They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player that supports a

    number
    > of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to

    convert
    > them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or CD. I
    > have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated or
    > too slow.
    >
    > Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use

    software
    > that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial

    software).
    > I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple settings,
    > etc.
    >
    > Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion issues? Any
    > hint is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi email: -net.ne.jp

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =---
    me, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Murgi

    nukacola

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    video to flash converter PRO from geovid website burns it to dvd directly.
    if you got high speed computer you will like the result.
    nukacola, Aug 17, 2006
  5. Murgi

    Billy

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    12
    vso divx to dvd will convert and burn to dvd, I have used it for about 30-35 conversions myself, it works great and even the audio comes aross great, it is as easy as dragging and dropping and supports batch files
    Billy, Sep 13, 2006
  6. Murgi

    partake06

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Well, i searched this kind of software for a long time, after tring some similar dvd rippers i found that Moyea DVD Ripper is more powerful and wonderful.

    actually this program not only adopted advanced audio and video sync technology but also offers other special functions for great enjoyment.
    partake06, Sep 21, 2009