    connectors . . . Help!

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    The Stone Crusher, Feb 26, 2009

  2. The Stone Crusher

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:35:36 -0500, "The Stone Crusher"
    <> wrote:

    >I have an old Roland VS-880 which does not have an optical output, but it
    >does have a coxial digital output. I am trying to send the digital
    >recordings to my computer in digital format. Roland does not have any
    >equipment that can do that. Seems simple? Probably obscure.
    >Please help; point me to the equipment that can do this. I have already
    >spent hours on internet looking at abbreviations and letter names for
    >connectors . . . Help!
    >
    >Goodwill,
    >Luke

    http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=481
    links to
    http://www.rolandus.com/uploads/CMS/Downloads/133/vsappgd2.pdf

    Page 94-- Mix 8 Tracks To Stereo DAT - Digitally
    "3.Make sure that your DAT machine is set to record from itís digital input (S/P
    DIF)"

    So my guess is to go to the spdif input of your sound card.

    If you want more than stereo out, I doubt it can do it, but I don't know. There
    are user groups mentioned in the other PDF files on that page.

    Shel-hed, Feb 27, 2009

  3. The Stone Crusher

    PeeCee Guest

    "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote in message
    >I have an old Roland VS-880 which does not have an optical output, but it
    >does have a coxial digital output. I am trying to send the digital
    >recordings to my computer in digital format. Roland does not have any
    >equipment that can do that. Seems simple? Probably obscure.
    > Please help; point me to the equipment that can do this. I have already
    > spent hours on internet looking at abbreviations and letter names for
    > connectors . . . Help!
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Try this

    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Toslink-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B000I98ZQY

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 27, 2009
  4. Thank you but there isn't any information there, nor does Roland have any
    products that can solve my problem. I already checked.

    The Stone Crusher, Feb 27, 2009
  5. Thank you for the reply, but the VS-880 does not have an optical output.
    Hmmm, maybe my PC has an optical input. I'll have to checkThanks again.
    ..

    The Stone Crusher, Feb 27, 2009
  6. The Stone Crusher

    Shel-hed Guest