Looking for freeware to rotate a .mov file ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by geothermal, May 21, 2005.

  1. geothermal

    geothermal Guest

    Hi All,

    I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.

    My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.

    I am using XP Home.

    Thanks,

    geothermal

    --
    "Show me someone who doesn't make mistakes and
    i'll show you someone who doesn't try anything new."

    geothermal, May 21, 2005

  2. geothermal

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:39:47 -0700, geothermal
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.
    >
    >My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    >the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    >crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.
    >
    >I am using XP Home.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >geothermal

    Turn you monitor on its side or break the movie down into individual
    frames and turn them and reassemble.
    Or, maybe I should say " Don't know".

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, May 21, 2005

  3. geothermal

    old jon Guest

    "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.
    >
    > My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    > the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    > crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.
    >
    > I am using XP Home.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > geothermal
    >
    > --
    > "Show me someone who doesn't make mistakes and
    > i'll show you someone who doesn't try anything new."

    Try your question in alt.comp.freeware. best wishes..J

    old jon, May 21, 2005
  4. geothermal wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.
    >
    > My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    > the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    > crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.

    http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59954.html

    Or if you convert it to .avi format you can use FadeToBlack shareware.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 21, 2005
  5. geothermal

    Smoker~ Guest

    "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.
    >
    > My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    > the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    > crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.

    Go to http://www.gamani.com/ and download a 30 day trial of Gif Movie Gear.
    It may only work with the avi format which has been suggested anyhow. You
    can see your movie frame by frame, do all sorts of things and output as an
    animated gif or avi file. It's very simple to use.

    Smoker~, May 21, 2005
  6. geothermal

    geothermal Guest

    Smoker~ wrote:

    > "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I am looking for any freeware that can rotate a mov file.
    >>
    >>My Olympus digital camera can take mov movies, but I turned
    >>the camera on its side to get the shot I wanted. Even
    >>crippleware would be ok as long as I can rotate the file.
    >>

    > Go to http://www.gamani.com/ and download a 30 day trial of Gif Movie Gear.
    > It may only work with the avi format which has been suggested anyhow. You
    > can see your movie frame by frame, do all sorts of things and output as an
    > animated gif or avi file. It's very simple to use.

    Thank you. I'll try that.

    Geothermal

    geothermal, May 21, 2005
  7. geothermal

    gangle Guest

    Export from Quicktime as an AVI. Open in Virtual Dub
    and choose, from the filters: Rotate.

    "geothermal" wrote

    gangle, May 22, 2005
  8. geothermal

    oisin

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    oisin, Oct 11, 2007
  9. geothermal

    oisin

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Thanks Robert

    Thanks Robert,

    I asked Nikon support for a link to the software, because they changed their website. I bought my camera in China, because I wanted to use a camera IN China..

    for anyone interested in Nikon Technical Support.. here is an example.

    ----------------------
    Discussion Thread
    Response (Eric S.) 11/27/2007 11:19 PM

    "Hello Oisin

    Thank you for contacting Nikon Technical Support. Are you a resident of the USA?"

    If I am or am not, that shouldn't be relevant here. If they have their heads up their asses, they could easily forward me onto a global support centre, which I presume every other English speaking country can use?? What about Canada, England, Australia to name a few.

    After all the trouble of finding the serial number of my Nikon cameras and registering for a Nikon Support profile.. nothing.. absolutely worthless. I've heard that Canon support is much, much better.

    I recommend NEVER buying a Nikon product, EVER.. unless you have a really good reason to buy something from a company that screws its customers over.

    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
    oisin, Nov 28, 2007