    locations on the page. This app has to exsist somewhere, but where?
    Right now I am using Gimp to crop and scale and doing the layout in
    Open Office. I single user friendly app would be great though.

    Eric, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Eric

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:45:54 -0700, Eric wrote:

    > Is there a free program that allows you print your photo at any size
    > you want like 2x2, 1x4, etc. and not just 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10? If not
    > free how about a cheap one that does this. The perfect program would
    > let me pick some pictures, crop them, pick the size to be printed, and
    > place them on the 8.5 x 11 paper where I want them. Also none of this
    > would alter the original pictures. Google's Picasa is the closest think
    > I have found to this, but it doesn't allow custom print sizes or custom
    > locations on the page. This app has to exsist somewhere, but where?
    > Right now I am using Gimp to crop and scale and doing the layout in
    > Open Office. I single user friendly app would be great though.

    Have you looked at 'scribus'?
    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply

    Neil Ellwood, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Eric

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Eric" <> wrote:

    > Is there a free program that allows you print your photo at any size
    > you want like 2x2, 1x4, etc. and not just 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10? If not
    > free how about a cheap one that does this. The perfect program would
    > let me pick some pictures, crop them, pick the size to be printed, and
    > place them on the 8.5 x 11 paper where I want them. Also none of this
    > would alter the original pictures. Google's Picasa is the closest think
    > I have found to this, but it doesn't allow custom print sizes or custom
    > locations on the page. This app has to exsist somewhere, but where?
    > Right now I am using Gimp to crop and scale and doing the layout in
    > Open Office. I single user friendly app would be great though.

    Many printers come with software to do this - they're arrange and print
    2, 4, 8, or 16 pictures on an A4 sheet.

    Stewy, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Eric

    Marvin Guest

    Eric wrote:
    > Is there a free program that allows you print your photo at any size
    > you want like 2x2, 1x4, etc. and not just 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10? If not
    > free how about a cheap one that does this. The perfect program would
    > let me pick some pictures, crop them, pick the size to be printed, and
    > place them on the 8.5 x 11 paper where I want them. Also none of this
    > would alter the original pictures. Google's Picasa is the closest think
    > I have found to this, but it doesn't allow custom print sizes or custom
    > locations on the page. This app has to exsist somewhere, but where?
    > Right now I am using Gimp to crop and scale and doing the layout in
    > Open Office. I single user friendly app would be great though.

    You may already have a page-layout program that will do it.
    I sometimes use Microsoft Publisher for jobs like this.
    Word will also do it, though not as easily.

    Marvin, Aug 23, 2006