    Everythings set up just the Zonealarm i am using won't allow the laptop
    to log on to the internet without being turned off which means my
    computer is at risk. Thanks

    santa, Oct 18, 2005

  2. santa

    Tony Guest

    "santa" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can you help, i'm looking for Free Firewall software which allows my
    > sisters wireless g card on a laptop to connect to my broadband.
    > Everythings set up just the Zonealarm i am using won't allow the laptop
    > to log on to the internet without being turned off which means my
    > computer is at risk. Thanks

    In Zone Alarm, click on "Firewall" on the left had side. If you know the IP
    address and subnet, click Add>> then subnet. input the IP address of
    sisters laptop (will be something like 192.168.0.3) and subnet (will be
    something like 255.255.255.0) . If you are using ICS, the laptop will not
    always have the same IP address so click on Add>> then IP Range. Use IP
    range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255.

    To check IP/Subnet laptop is using, go to Start>>Accessories and open
    command prompt. At the command prompt type ipconfig . This will tell you
    what they are. (I am assuming that both operating systems are windows XP)

    With any firewall you are likely to have the same problem and have to
    authorise the laptop before it can connect to your PC.

    Tony, Oct 18, 2005

  3. santa

    santa Guest

    Thanks alot mate absolutely great help.

    santa, Oct 18, 2005
  4. santa

    santa Guest

    Sorry to keep pesterin, just can't seem to get passed Description in
    the Add Subnet window can ya help?

    santa, Oct 18, 2005
  5. santa

    Tony Guest

    "santa" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry to keep pesterin, just can't seem to get passed Description in
    > the Add Subnet window can ya help?

    You can type anything in description such as "Home Network".

    Just something to remind you of what it is for.

    Tony, Oct 18, 2005
  6. santa

    santa Guest

    Thanks again