    download. It also lists previous downloads I have made. With Firefox 1.5,
    there was an option that would automatically erase those previous entries.
    But I cannot find this setting with Firefox 2.0. Can anyone help?

    History Fan, Oct 29, 2006

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    news:83121$4543f8b9$48311160$...
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0 on a XP SP2 computer. When I'm downloading a
    > file, the Firefox download manager appears, displaying the progress of the
    > download. It also lists previous downloads I have made. With Firefox
    > 1.5, there was an option that would automatically erase those previous
    > entries. But I cannot find this setting with Firefox 2.0. Can anyone
    > help?

    Never mind. I found it. Tools, Options, Privacy, take the check mark
    out of 'Remember what I've downloaded.'

    I did that right before my original post and it failed to erase my
    previous download entries. I didn't realize that changing that setting only
    takes effect at that moment. Previous entries will still be listed there
    unless you manually clean them up. I have since downloaded 4 files, and
    they are no longer listed in Firefox's download manager.

    History Fan, Oct 29, 2006

  3. History Fan wrote:
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm using Firefox 2.0 on a XP SP2 computer. When I'm downloading a
    >> file, the Firefox download manager appears, displaying the progress of the
    >> download. It also lists previous downloads I have made. With Firefox
    >> 1.5, there was an option that would automatically erase those previous
    >> entries. But I cannot find this setting with Firefox 2.0. Can anyone
    >> help?
    >>

    > Never mind. I found it. Tools, Options, Privacy, take the check mark
    > out of 'Remember what I've downloaded.'
    >
    > I did that right before my original post and it failed to erase my
    > previous download entries. I didn't realize that changing that setting only
    > takes effect at that moment. Previous entries will still be listed there
    > unless you manually clean them up. I have since downloaded 4 files, and
    > they are no longer listed in Firefox's download manager.

    I love people that solve their own problems, Thanks for posting back
    that you found it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 29, 2006