Looking for file

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by tish, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. tish

    tish Guest

    i am currently running WinXP home edition
    firefox 1.0.4

    i was trying to change a theme...i was trying to go to one of the gnome
    themes...so,before i closed down yesterday i went to my themes area from
    the drop down menu and clicked on what i wanted,knowing that when i got
    on today there would be another theme

    well,all i have is a corrupted screen...it is is black and white and if
    i try to go for a drop down menu it is all blacked out

    can anyone guide me on what to do next? i tried to find the file but all
    i could find was a file that was as follows:
    {e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
    it was in a 1KB text file that was titled: installed extensions-processed

    i deleted it...of course first saving it...and nothing happened....yet
    when i try to open that file a blank firefox screen comes up

    any help would be appreciated

    thanks,
    tish
    tish, Jun 21, 2005

  2. tish

    Doug G Guest

    tish wrote:
    > i am currently running WinXP home edition
    > firefox 1.0.4
    >
    > i was trying to change a theme...i was trying to go to one of the gnome
    > themes...so,before i closed down yesterday i went to my themes area from
    > the drop down menu and clicked on what i wanted,knowing that when i got
    > on today there would be another theme
    >
    > well,all i have is a corrupted screen...it is is black and white and if
    > i try to go for a drop down menu it is all blacked out
    >
    > can anyone guide me on what to do next? i tried to find the file but all
    > i could find was a file that was as follows:
    > {e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
    > it was in a 1KB text file that was titled: installed extensions-processed
    >
    > i deleted it...of course first saving it...and nothing happened....yet
    > when i try to open that file a blank firefox screen comes up
    >
    > any help would be appreciated
    >
    > thanks,
    > tish

    Try uninstalling the theme while running Firefox in Safe Mode. Look for
    the Firefox (Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu.
    Doug G, Jun 21, 2005

  3. tish

    tish Guest

    i seem to have displaced the reply to this question but i wanted to tell
    the good soul who answered me that his solution worked wonderfully and i
    am back up and running perfectly
    peace,
    tish

    tish, Jun 21, 2005