Looking for DVD player that plays mp3 and wma discs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a bunch of DVDRs that are loaded with about 150 hours of music in
    either the mp3 or wma formats. I'd like to find a portable DVD player that
    will play these DVDRs and put the table of contents on the screen.

    I already have 2 portable CD players that will do this, but not a DVD
    player. Furthermore, the readout on the CD players is pretty sketchy,
    consisting solely of numbers. A DVD player that shows the TOC more or less
    like it does on a computer would be just the ticket.

    Since I will not be using this device to watch movies, I'd like to keep the
    price as low as possible. A large color display is definitely overkill. An
    excellent feature would be a button to turn off the display entirely so as
    to increase the battery life.

    Thanks,

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Guest

    M.B. Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a bunch of DVDRs that are loaded with about 150 hours of music in
    > either the mp3 or wma formats. I'd like to find a portable DVD player that
    > will play these DVDRs and put the table of contents on the screen.
    >
    > I already have 2 portable CD players that will do this, but not a DVD
    > player. Furthermore, the readout on the CD players is pretty sketchy,
    > consisting solely of numbers. A DVD player that shows the TOC more or less
    > like it does on a computer would be just the ticket.
    >
    > Since I will not be using this device to watch movies, I'd like to keep the
    > price as low as possible. A large color display is definitely overkill. An
    > excellent feature would be a button to turn off the display entirely so as
    > to increase the battery life.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Norm Strong

    You'd be better off buying an MP3 player that supports MP3s and WMAs and
    then copying those files to the built in hard drive.

    M.B., Feb 26, 2006

  3. Guest

    Kenny Guest

    Most newer DVD players will play MP3's on DVDR but since WMA is a
    proprietrary and protected format I don't hink you'l find one to play them.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Guest