    I don't understand that logic myself).

    I tried some local stores, but I couldn't find anything.

    --Dave

    Dave Navarro, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Dave Navarro

    Ian S Guest

    "Dave Navarro" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am looking for a "folder" with sleeves that allow me to insert DVD's
    > and the inserts.
    >
    > My wife is going to be doing a lot of travelling this coming year and
    > likes to take movies with her to watch on her laptop in the hotels.
    >
    > I'm looking for a zippered case that has sleeves inside it for holding
    > both the DVDs and the inserts. I got her a zippered CD case and put
    > some movies in that for her, but she had problems with customs last
    > time. They suggested that she either carry the original movie case, or
    > get a case that includes the inserts (apparently if you have the inserts
    > with you, it means you actually bought the movie and it's not a copy...
    > I don't understand that logic myself).
    >
    > I tried some local stores, but I couldn't find anything.

    I would advise against this.

    Nothing should ever be allowed to come into contact with the working surface
    of a DVD. While a CD will still play with considerable scratching, the
    slightest mark on a DVD will stop it dead.

    Ian S

    Ian S, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Dave Navarro

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    >While a CD will still play with considerable scratching, the
    >slightest mark on a DVD will stop it dead.

    Boy, you must not have kids!! :) We take our DVDs with us a lot on trips in a
    large zipper case originally designed for CDs. No unreasonable wear and tear
    whatsoever (that is, beyond what my sons do them "naturally").

    JMKAUFFMAN, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Dave Navarro

    Justin Guest

    JMKAUFFMAN wrote on [02 Feb 2004 16:10:19 GMT]:
    >>While a CD will still play with considerable scratching, the
    >>slightest mark on a DVD will stop it dead.
    >>

    > Boy, you must not have kids!! :) We take our DVDs with us a lot on trips in a
    > large zipper case originally designed for CDs. No unreasonable wear and tear
    > whatsoever (that is, beyond what my sons do them "naturally").

    So... This natural wear and tear is? Not natural? Yeah. I thought so.

    Justin, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Dave Navarro

    Head Hunter Guest

  6. Dave Navarro

    Will Guest

    > I am looking for a "folder" with sleeves that allow me to insert DVD's
    > and the inserts.
    >
    > My wife is going to be doing a lot of travelling this coming year and
    > likes to take movies with her to watch on her laptop in the hotels.
    >
    > I'm looking for a zippered case that has sleeves inside it for holding
    > both the DVDs and the inserts. I got her a zippered CD case and put
    > some movies in that for her, but she had problems with customs last
    > time. They suggested that she either carry the original movie case, or
    > get a case that includes the inserts (apparently if you have the inserts
    > with you, it means you actually bought the movie and it's not a copy...
    > I don't understand that logic myself).
    >
    > I tried some local stores, but I couldn't find anything.
    >
    > --Dave

    UniKeep makes an enclosed hard plastic 3-ring binder (no zipper, rather it
    is plastic like an oversized DVD case actually) and new DVD pages which I
    really am impressed by. If you simply add some "page protectors" into it you
    can save the cover artwork too. And since it is entirely made of plastic,
    with no metal rings, it will pass through airport x-ray without any hassle.

    Do a keyword search at Staples or MicroCenter for "unikeep" and you'll see
    their binders, and their disc pages. So far only Staples *online* has them,
    they aren't in the physical Staples stores. MicroCenter has them both online
    and instore. Oh, also Univenture.com online has them:

    http://www.univenture.com/acatalog/disc_binders.html
    and scroll down to "Unikeep Full Size CD 80".
    Ignore the other binders as only this one is fully enclosed on all sides and
    made without any metal.

    Will, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Dave Navarro

    Dave Navarro Guest

    In article <>,
    tose says...
    > >While a CD will still play with considerable scratching, the
    > >slightest mark on a DVD will stop it dead.

    > Boy, you must not have kids!! :) We take our DVDs with us a lot on trips in a
    > large zipper case originally designed for CDs. No unreasonable wear and tear
    > whatsoever (that is, beyond what my sons do them "naturally").

    I'd love to send her with backups on DVDR media, but it causes all kinds
    of problems with Customs when you do that.

    I'm looking at buying a copy of Dr DivX and converting all of her movies
    to DivX and burning them to CD's.

    --Dave

    Dave Navarro, Feb 3, 2004
  8. Dave Navarro