    appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks. And if I forgot anything
    important, please just ask.
    , Aug 19, 2003

  2. Hi.
    Have you tried uninstalling the drivers?
    If that don't work try Windows Update
    Creative Labs Soundblaster PCI512
    http://www.americas.creative.com/su...ric=47&descID=968&maincat=11&OS=2,3&subcat=17

    Cheers

    Kim And John Holtz, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Guest

    Yeah, when I was down visiting her two weeks ago, I tried downloading
    the drivers from Creative and installing them. That didn't seem to work
    either. And we did remove the card through the Device Manager. Is this
    what you mean by uninstalling the drivers? Also tried the Update Drivers
    option, still with no luck. This has me totally baffled, especially
    since I built the computer myself four years ago.

    >Hi.
    >Have you tried uninstalling the drivers?
    >If that don't work try Windows Update
    >Creative Labs Soundblaster PCI512
    >http://www.americas.creative.com/su...ric=47&descID=968&maincat=11&OS=2,3&subcat=17
    >
    >Cheers
    ><> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to help out my Daughter, long distance by phone, in finding
    >> drivers for the sound card in her computer. It's an older system my SOn
    >> gave her to use. It's a P2 400Mhz, 128Mb RAM and runs on Windows98 first
    >> edition. The sound card stopped working for her. Says no drivers loaded.
    >> I was trying to walk her through reinstalling the drivers, but we can't
    >> find them one the Windows CD. The installation procedure comes to the
    >> part where it says insert Windows 98 CD. She does, but then the files
    >> cannot be found. I tried to have her expand the tree and find the proper
    >> folder, but we can't. There's a Drivers folder, but there seems to be
    >> nothing in there that helps. It's a SoundBlaster sound card, PCI, I
    >> believe it's a PCI512. But she can't find that listed in the options
    >> either when she goes the Control Panel/Install New Hardware route. I'd
    >> appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks. And if I forgot anything
    >> important, please just ask.

    , Aug 19, 2003