    the basics making an informed purchase.

    Got a favorite Mac site to share?

    Patrick
    Patrick Cleburne, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Patrick Cleburne

    DC Guest

    http://scottishmailorderbrides.com is pretty good.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
    -= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-
    DC, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Patrick Cleburne

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    DC spewed forth:
    > Patrick Cleburne wrote:
    >> I'm pretty savvy re: Windows systems but am thinking about picking
    >> up a Mac to fool around with. I can't find a site or NG that's
    >> really useful to learn the basics making an informed purchase.

    >> Got a favorite Mac site to share?

    >> Patrick

    > http://scottishmailorderbrides.com is pretty good.

    Aye - ah'll take one 'o those <g>

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Patrick Cleburne

    samuel Guest

    http://www.noyolks.com/wacky_mac_recipes.html

    samuel, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Patrick Cleburne

    Sidney Guest

    Apple.com! They're known for great support, and at
    discussions.apple.com you'll find a community of users willing to help.
    Macosxhints.com is also decent. You could also go to an Apple store if
    there's one near you.

    You'll love your Mac, whichever you get.

    Sidney, Dec 8, 2005

    http://www.macnn.com
    Roger Jansson, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Patrick Cleburne

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Patrick Cleburne
    <mgcleburne@csa> wrote:

    > I'm pretty savvy re: Windows systems but am thinking about picking up a Mac
    > to fool around with. I can't find a site or NG that's really useful to learn
    > the basics making an informed purchase.
    >
    > Got a favorite Mac site to share?

    http://www.macaddict.com/
    http://www.mactech.com/
    http://www.warehouse.com/apple/
    http://maccentral.macworld.com/
    http://www.macworld.com/
    http://www.mactoday.com/
    http://www.machome.com/
    http://www.macconnection.com/
    http://www.macsurfer.com/
    http://www.macevangelist.com/
    http://www.applelinks.com/
    http://www.allosx.com/
    http://macreviewzone.com/index.php

    Mac Gmes stuff:
    http://insidemacgames.com/
    http://www.macledge.com/
    http://www.macgaming.com/
    http://www.macgamer.com/

    http://www.applefritter.com/main (obscure notes, modding)
    http://macwindows.com/ (cross-platform networking and tips)
    http://www.macdirectory.com/ (products listings)
    http://www.macdesignonline.com/ (Layers Magazine, about graphics
    production specifically)

    I've got 100s more, but that ought to tide you over for a little while.
    Mitch, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Patrick Cleburne

    Nancy Rudins Guest

    > "Patrick Cleburne" <mgcleburne@csa> wrote in
    >

    >>I'm pretty savvy re: Windows systems but am thinking about
    >>picking up a Mac to fool around with. I can't find a site or
    >>NG that's really useful to learn the basics making an informed
    >>purchase.
    >>
    >>Got a favorite Mac site to share?

    >>Patrick

    I've sent my computer-illiterate brother to this web page and he
    says it's help a lot:

    http://w3.trib.com/~dwood/mac.html

    Kind regards,
    Nancy

    --
    Flame War is over ... If you want it
    Nancy Rudins, Dec 8, 2005
  9. "Patrick Cleburne" <mgcleburne@csa> wrote in message
    > I'm pretty savvy re: Windows systems but am thinking about picking up a
    > Mac to fool around with. I can't find a site or NG that's really useful to
    > learn the basics making an informed purchase.
    >
    > Got a favorite Mac site to share?
    >
    > Patrick

    Thanks for all the suggestions!

    Patrick