    like this.

    Thanks,

    Daniel.
    Daniel Charles, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Daniel Charles

    Owamanga Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005 10:54:18 -0800, (Daniel Charles)
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I´m looking for a couple of USB digital video cameras. After reading
    >some posts on this group I found out that firewire is kind of a
    >standard for camera pluging in. Because of hardware restrictions I do
    >need to find a digital video camera but the interface to the computer
    >should be USB.

    Beware, some video cameras have both firewire and USB. But the USB is
    actually only capable of downloading any stills of the camera,
    Firewire is the chosen standard for video - real-time video transfer
    bandwidth requirements are quite demanding and firewire can handle
    this.

    >I would appreciate if someone knows where I can look for such a thing
    >like this.

    I suggest you spend $15 and buy a firewire card for your PC (if it's a
    laptop, a little more for a PCMCIA version). Even if you did find a
    USB camera, you'd probably be making many compromises by choosing to
    buy it.

    Of course, if you just want a web-cam, not a video camcorder, then
    there are plenty of USB ones to choose from.

    BTW, this is OT for this newsgroup. Please try rec.video.*

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Feb 10, 2005