Looking For Alternative To Honestech 5.0

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Patrick Cook, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. Patrick Cook

    Patrick Cook Guest

    Hi everyone:

    I am in need of an MPEG-2 DECODER/Converter which is/can.....

    A). Free (or damn near close to it as possible)
    B). Decode an MPEG-2 WITHOUT a watermark or some other kind of limitation
    C). Decode an MPEG-2 video REGARDLESS OF LENGTH

    I know what I'm asking seems impossible, but if you know where I can find
    such a beast, please let me know. Also, if anyone has a copy of Honestech
    Video Editor 4.0 that would be great too (at least I can get rid of the
    watermark which 5.0 has).

    I know....I know I could BUY 5.0, but does anyone know where I can get it
    RETAIL at a store I can PHYSICALLY WALK INTO??? If all I got was that much,
    it'd be MUCH appreciated. :)

    Cheers for now :)

    Patrick Cook
    Proud Member - Electronic Frontier Foundation - http://www.eff.org/
    Program Director
    Jeeper One Radio Network
    KPDC Internet TV - REAL Web TV
    Denver, Colorado
    http://kpdcnetradio.tripod.com/
    http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/
    NEW BLOG PAGE - http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/blog.html

    ---

    Patrick Cook, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Patrick Cook

    luminos Guest

    Define the verb 'decode'....what do you expect as output?

    luminos, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Patrick Cook

    Patrick Cook Guest

    Hi everyone:

    "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > Define the verb 'decode'....what do you expect as output?

    VCD. or MPEG-1

    I'd like to make these files whereas they can be used on my online TV
    station, which will use the new Nullsoft NSV video format once I get it on
    the air (NSVtools are SLOW at encoding straight from MPEG-2 SVCD because of
    the screen resolution size difference (the originals are at 352 x 480 now
    and take up HUGE chunks of my HD space).

    Also, is there a utility or piece of software that will decode MPEG-4 video
    as well. Also, a batch converter (with the ability to say NO to joining)
    would also be helpful too (Honestech only does ONE FILE AT A TIME - UGH!
    :-( ).

    Does this help??

    Patrick Cook, Oct 3, 2003
  4. What watermark or size limitation??? Honestech 5 has neither.

    Nobody_of_Consequence, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Patrick Cook

    Patrick Cook Guest

    Hi everyone:

    "Nobody_of_Consequence" <> wrote in message
    > What watermark or size limitation??? Honestech 5 has neither.

    In the unregistered version, it has the word HONESTECH as a watermark and
    has a 5 minute recording limit. In other words, if I have a 15 minute
    MPEG-2 SVCD I need to convert, I can't use Honestech because the 15 minute
    length would easily exceed the 5 minute length.

    You must have a registered version which has no such limits.

    However I did manage to do a batch conversion as individual files like I
    wanted, but I'm gonna burn the originals onto CD-R (despite their size)
    since they weren't easy to find and I just ahppened to stumble across them
    by chance (not to mention BY LUCK as well). :)

    This way, should I get some software that will do batch conversions, AND
    have no limitations or leave watermarks, I'll already have the
    originals.ready to work with. :)

    Patrick Cook, Oct 4, 2003