    have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all my
    money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody please
    advise me as to where I should start this process?

    juan valdez, Jan 19, 2006

  2. juan valdez

    T-Bone Guest

    "juan valdez" <> wrote

    www.microsoft.com
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jan 19, 2006

  3. juan valdez

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    juan valdez <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to
    > start. I have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect
    > throwing all my money at people not much more able than I, is folly.
    > Can somebody please advise me as to where I should start this process?

    First question you have to ask yourself is why do want to get MCSE.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 19, 2006
  4. juan valdez

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 9:31pm "juan valdez" blathered:

    > I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
    > have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing
    > all my money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody
    > please advise me as to where I should start this process?

    I would start with the product.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006
  5. juan valdez

    J. Clarke Guest

    juan valdez wrote:

    > I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
    > have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all
    > my money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody
    > please advise me as to where I should start this process?

    First question to ask yourself--are you a good self-educator or do you need
    the pressure of a formal course? If you can learn on your own then put the
    money into a good system to work with and a good set of references and
    instructional materials. If you need formal coursework to keep you
    focussed then you don't have much choice. But be _honest_ with yourself.

    Next question, why do you want it? Do you already know how to run the
    system and need the paper to get past the gatekeepers or do you need to
    learn to run a Microsoft-based LAN from the ground up? If the latter,
    you're not going to get it out of formal schooling--that will at best get
    you a start.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Jan 19, 2006
  6. added to what others have said:

    I read that on average it takes 1 full year to become MSCE. I am 99.999%
    certian that is part time. Just an FYI.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  7. juan valdez

    John Smith Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:31:04 -0500, juan valdez wrote:

    > I would like to get MSCE certification, but don't know where to start. I
    > have had a recruiter from a school up my anus, but I suspect throwing all my
    > money at people not much more able than I, is folly. Can somebody please
    > advise me as to where I should start this process?

    Get the MS press mcse kit, if you need copies of windows 2003 to get
    'hands on'. they contain eval copies of the OS. if you have little or
    not windows networking experience, guess around at least a month per exam

    if you are truly a fast learner, maybe a little less..the exams will
    hopefully get easier as you take more.

    www.microsoft.com/mcp

    John Smith, Jan 30, 2006