Looking for a Senior NT admin

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    Hope no one objects to this.

    We are looking for a NT sys admin.

    Interesting in anyone with several years experience in win2k/win3k in a
    large environment.

    Skills of interest,

    Exchange 2000 / 2003 with around 25,000 user base.
    MS OS Clustering
    Active Directory 2000 / 2003
    Dell/EMC Sans
    ISA
    Dell kit.
    On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous. (I think I
    get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1 actionable).

    There is also Solaris, Tru64, Linux and Oracle with cross training into
    these if interested. So in this respect we are looking for an open mind.

    Based in Wellington, great environment & team, except you have to put up
    with me....

    ;]

    This is more of a senior post, ie someone who has years of experience in
    an enterprise level support of around 30,000 users and not 30.....

    You do not have to have a MCSE, but demonstrate a real understanding of
    MS kit.

    If interested and you want more info email me at,

    msjob at vuw dot ac dot nz

    regards

    thing

    thing, Mar 17, 2005

  2. thing

    Enkidu Guest

    thing wrote:

    > On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous.
    > (I think I get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1
    >actionable).

    2 or 3 calls a week is not onerous? Sheesh!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 18, 2005

  3. thing

    thing Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > thing wrote:
    >

    >> On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous.

    > > (I think I get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1
    > >actionable).

    > 2 or 3 calls a week is not onerous? Sheesh!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    If you worked for my previous company that would be per night....with an
    on call of 1 in 4.

    Guess it is what you are used to.

    regards

    Thing