Looking for a replacement camera recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DBF, Sep 4, 2004.

  1. DBF

    DBF Guest

    My 1 1/2 year old Canon A70 just died, and it is not worth $100+ to repair
    it......so I am back off to the camera store.

    My camera requirements are:
    AA Batteries
    > 3x zoom

    Works great is auto mode, but does have manual capabilities

    The 3 cameras have have started to look at are the Fuji S5000, Minolta Z2,
    and Canon S1.

    I am leaning towards the Fuji because of the feel and ease of use...the
    Canon has a lot of buttons all over the place.

    Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    DBF, Sep 4, 2004