Looking for a radius server with specific specs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by M3ph, May 14, 2007.

  1. M3ph

    M3ph Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm looking for a software based radius server that will be accounting
    my vpn users with the following specs:

    - Must be able to allow/deny vpn based on source ip of the clients
    - Must be able to have time limits
    - Must be able to run on windows
    - Would be nice if its scriptable, so I can build my own webinterface
    around it
    - Would be nice if it could use LDAP

    I've been looking around a but but havent really found a easy solution
    yet. Is there such a radius server around? Preferably not too
    expensive :p

    Regards,

    M3ph

    M3ph, May 14, 2007

  2. M3ph

    John Guest

    On May 14, 8:46 pm, M3ph <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm looking for a software based radius server that will be accounting
    > my vpn users with the following specs:
    >
    > - Must be able to allow/deny vpn based on source ip of the clients
    > - Must be able to have time limits
    > - Must be able to run on windows
    > - Would be nice if its scriptable, so I can build my own webinterface
    > around it
    > - Would be nice if it could use LDAP
    >
    > I've been looking around a but but havent really found a easy solution
    > yet. Is there such a radius server around? Preferably not too
    > expensive :p
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > M3ph

    more or less most radius servers that are in the market now satisfy
    the above.

    you may check cisco's ACS (but no scripting, and pretty expensive),
    Juniper's steel-belted radius, and certainly radiator
    (www.open.com.au)

    --John

    John, May 14, 2007