    send popups on a users windows xp PC i.e they get a popup and the
    selected file plays. Anybody know of anything? don't want to go down the
    path of a replacement for the messenger service in windows.

    SNOman, Jan 25, 2006

  2. SNOman

    Dave Taylor Guest

    SNOman <spam_sux@sod_off.com> wrote in news:dr8thm$osa$:

    > Looking for something that can associate a particular wav file with net
    > send popups on a users windows xp PC i.e they get a popup and the
    > selected file plays. Anybody know of anything? don't want to go down the
    > path of a replacement for the messenger service in windows.

    I don't think this exists. Net send is used for text messages and has
    already been hijacked by spam on the internet. If the net send packets
    could link to a kind of sound it would have happened already. This lack of
    feature is by design.
    Maybe someone can suggest something else to do the job or clarify.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Do a google there is bound to be something out there on the big www.

    Aldrin Fabricius, Jan 26, 2006
  4. SNOman

    SNOman Guest

    Aldrin Fabricius wrote:
    > Do a google there is bound to be something out there on the big www.

    Been looking before posting

    SNOman, Jan 26, 2006
  5. SNOman wrote:
    > Aldrin Fabricius wrote:
    > > Do a google there is bound to be something out there on the big www.
    > >

    > Been looking before posting

    I hope someone will come up with a solution to your problem because it
    is rather interesting.

    Aldrin Fabricius, Jan 27, 2006