looking for a program

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dumbkiwi, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Dumbkiwi

    Dumbkiwi Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:57:40 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
    > for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    Email?

    Craig Sutton, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Craig Sutton wrote:
    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
    > for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    How about DBabble (http://www.netwinsite.com)?

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Dumbkiwi

    Thor Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
    > ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    winpopup

    --
    *~~~~~~~~Thor
    Thor, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Dumbkiwi

    Shane Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:57:40 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
    > ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    Thors post made me think, wasnt this what windows messenger service
    designed for?
    Assuming everyone is on a LAN behind a firewall, why not re-enable that?

    Shane, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Dumbkiwi

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in news:dbt7sa$v6o$1
    @lust.ihug.co.nz:

    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    Novell Groupwise Messenger as it is specifically designed for a corporate
    environment.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jul 24, 2005
  7. Dumbkiwi

    Harry Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the
    > ability for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    WinPopup.
    You can send these over Netbios. From Linux you can
    use "smbclient -M host". From Windows ... sorry but MS doesn't
    like building command extensibility into their OS.
    Harry, Jul 24, 2005
  8. In article <dbt7sa$v6o$>,
    says...
    > That can push some info to peoples desktops. Fullyblown instant message
    > software such as msn or icq isn't really suitable for this task.
    >
    > I want to be able to send "blah blah blah text" to all running the client
    > software, preferably popping up on their desktop. Must also have the ability
    > for them to post info back to everyone else.
    >
    > Any ideas on suitable software?

    Take a gander at this:

    http://www.tipic.com/timp

    -P.