    VDC (Volts): 12
    Amperes: 1.25 (that is 0.75 mA (miliamperes))

    If you happen to have that adapter email me .

    Travis, Jul 17, 2007

  2. Travis

    Paul Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I have a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 3300C scanner, I lost my original
    > powercord and have tried every cord in my house, but they aren't the
    > right voltage and current.
    >
    > VDC (Volts): 12
    > Amperes: 1.25 (that is 0.75 mA (miliamperes))
    >
    > If you happen to have that adapter email me .

    The number of variables on adapters, is quite large.

    First of all, the voltage specification.

    1) Can be an AC adapter (delivers a sine wave).
    2) Can be unregulated DC. It may say 12V, but it is 12V only at the
    rated current. If you draw less current, the voltage value rises.
    3) Can be regulated DC. If it says 12VDC, it stays at exactly 12V,
    up to the rated current.

    You would want to verify whether you have type (2) or (3). I got
    burned like that, when I tried to buy an equivalent adapter for
    my label maker. The adapter was optional. It said 7VDC, so I bought
    a regulated 7VDC supply from RAdio Shack. The display lit up on the
    label maker, but it wouldn't do anything. I bought the expensive
    proper adapter, only to find out it was 7VDC unregulated. Which means
    the voltage level was more than 7VDC, most of the time. So that
    can make a difference.

    The output current capability can be 1.25A or greater. The scanner will
    only draw less than 1.25A, and if an adapter has a greater current
    capability, that capacity won't get used. So if you saw a 2.0A adapter
    for sale, that would be perfectly usable.

    If the adapter has a circular plug, the center pin can be (+) or it
    can be (-). On Radio Shack AdaptaPlug equipped adapters, you can find
    some units, where there isn't good mechanical keying. You have to be
    real careful, not to change the polarity of the center pin, if using
    an adapter with a removable plug on the end of the cable.

    If you go to Radio Shack, they have a "key chain" full of Adaptaplugs.
    There are at least 15 different sizes of plugs. Sometimes, two of them
    are good candidates for an application. They keep the Adaptaplugs on
    a wall display, so you can try them one at a time, until you find a
    match.

    Here is a 12V 1.5A adapter, which may be suitable for the job.
    Make sure you get the polarity of the center pin right, as there
    is no guarantee that the device itself, has a protection diode
    inside to protect against reverse polarity.

    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2190632

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 17, 2007

  3. Travis

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 3300C scanner, I lost my original
    > powercord and have tried every cord in my house, but they aren't the
    > right voltage and current.
    >
    > VDC (Volts): 12
    > Amperes: 1.25 (that is 0.75 mA (miliamperes))
    >
    > If you happen to have that adapter email me .

    ====================================
    You need JUST the cord, right ?
    Here it is:
    HP ScanJet Figure 8 Power Cord replaces HP #8120-6313
    http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-ScanJet-Figu...ryZ44978QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem

    Item number: 290138802473
    Seller: aluminumbird2
    Buy It Now price: US $2.25
    It works with the following HP ScanJet Scanners: ScanJet 3300 series, etc

    - Bobb -, Jul 18, 2007
  4. Travis

    Travis Guest

    On Jul 17, 8:42 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    > "Travis" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...>I have a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 3300C scanner, I lost my original
    > > powercord and have tried every cord in my house, but they aren't the
    > > right voltage and current.

    > > VDC (Volts): 12
    > > Amperes: 1.25 (that is 0.75 mA (miliamperes))

    > > If you happen to have that adapter email me .

    > ====================================
    > You need JUST the cord, right ?
    > Here it is:
    > HP ScanJet Figure 8 Power Cord replaces HP #8120-6313http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-ScanJet-Figue-8-Power-Cord-replaces-HP-8120-63...
    >
    > Item number: 290138802473
    > Seller: aluminumbird2
    > Buy It Now price: US $2.25
    > It works with the following HP ScanJet Scanners: ScanJet 3300 series, etc

    No, I need the adapter as well, I didn't know it was seperate (It was
    a couple of years ago I last used this). I'll keep looking on ebay,
    should of thought of that first. I might consider the radioshack one
    though.

    Oh, and the center pin is positive, I checked.

    Travis, Jul 19, 2007