Looking for a portable Optical marvel (I might be an optimist)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Geir Eivind Mork, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. I eventually will purchase a digital slr.

    I'm got too much minolta equipment to change brands, and I do too much
    enlargements to live with 6.1mpixels, and I have too much to use my
    money on that i exchange cameras often. So I'll await a replacement for
    the Minolta Dynax 7D or a higher end model before i do a purchase. (and
    who knows what sony does since they've signed up to use the minolta
    bajonette.)

    But even then i do need a compact digital camera that i always can take
    with me. Now i could wait for a century to see the cellphone cameras
    mature - but I'll rather take my chance with an existing or very soon
    forthcoming small compact camera.

    I really like aperature priority, or full manual - but what I require is
    great optics with little or no disortion. Zoom range doesn't matter, as
    long as it goes far down on the wide end and at least goes to 50mm to
    85mm in 35mm speak.

    So, does a pocket size, aperature priority / manual camera with great
    optics exisit? Or atleast something close?

    Geir Eivind Mork, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Geir Eivind Mork

    Darrell Guest

    "Geir Eivind Mork" <-spam.block.com> wrote in message
    >I eventually will purchase a digital slr.
    >
    > I'm got too much minolta equipment to change brands, and I do too much
    > enlargements to live with 6.1 mpixels, and I have too much to use my money
    > on that i exchange cameras often. So I'll await a replacement for the
    > Minolta Dynax 7D or a higher end model before i do a purchase. (and who
    > knows what sony does since they've signed up to use the minolta
    > bajonette.)

    How big an enlargement do you do? As I see 11x14 and 16x20" prints on a
    regular basis.

    Darrell, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Darrell wrote:

    >>on that i exchange cameras often. So I'll await a replacement for the
    >>Minolta Dynax 7D or a higher end model before i do a purchase. (and who
    >>knows what sony does since they've signed up to use the minolta
    >>bajonette.)

    > How big an enlargement do you do? As I see 11x14 and 16x20" prints on a
    > regular basis.

    That's the area I'm looking for, depends.

    I want to have a slr digital camera that can outrival Fuji Velvia, and a
    6.1 mpixel truly rivals iso 100-200 films, but i decided to go where the
    details match (although the digital have way much more clarity) around
    8-11. So there will be my purchase of a slr. call it silly, stuipid or
    dumb - Just the limit i set myself for that particular investment years
    ago.

    If i had the money to upgrade in a year i would buy a 7d right away. But
    i rather save up for a 17-35mm g/3.5 lense to go with it as well.

    It's just a matter of my personal economy and determination to 'get the
    best', not any disrespect to the wonderful photograhical machine the 7d
    is. if i had the money, i would have bought it right away - but i save
    those for a later investment.

    but i still will have both a small compact with the slr, which was my
    intial question.

    Geir Eivind Mork, Jul 26, 2005