Looking for a photographer in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fratello25, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Fratello25

    Fratello25 Guest

    Hello everyone,

    We're looking for a photographer in Ottawa to shoot a wedding in
    August 2005. Ideally, we're looking for someone who would take
    primarily photojournalistic/candid photographs of the ceremony and
    reception, with obviously a few formals thrown in.

    Because of our tight budget, we'd be happy to take on a student,
    recent graduate, or freelancer, who might be looking to get experience
    and build a portfolio, while allowing us to stay within our budget.
    Photography experience would obviously be required, but not
    necessarily in the field of wedding photography.

    Importantly, we would like to keep the negatives, and take care of our
    own prints. We could also provide the film and care of the photo
    finishing if that would make it easier. Of course, the photographer
    would be free to use any in their portfolio, website, etc.

    Essentially, if you have a cool style you'd like to show us, please
    contact us at and we can discuss availability,
    price, and all the other details.
    Fratello25, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Negatives...what's that? If it were me....I know most of the other
    photojournalist in town....they have the skills for exactly this sort of
    job. But they shoot digital these days. Most often their employers own the
    equipment so there might be restrictions...though most would have their own
    kits too. I know some stringers who could do it. I would check the
    community papers too....if they run good photos. That is how people know
    about me for the most part.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 4, 2004