    I'm looking for 100% reliability - Linux printing is already arcane
    enough without making it worse.

    Philip
    Philip, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Philip

    Earl Grey Guest

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html
    Earl Grey, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Philip

    EMB Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > Recommendations sought for a network laser printer that will reliably
    > run with Ubuntu but also accept print jobs from the two remaining
    > Windows machines on the network..
    >
    > I have a Brother HL 1240 (not networked) that runs when it feels like
    > it, which is unpredicatble and intermittent, & an HP Deskjet 5550 that
    > doesn't work at all.
    >
    > I'm looking for 100% reliability - Linux printing is already arcane
    > enough without making it worse.

    Any of the HP Laserjets with a Jetdirect and Postscript would fit the
    bill perfectly. I've got half a dozen Laserjet 4000 series printers
    running happily in a mixed environment with no problems at all.

    If you're happy with secondhand there's plenty of them available on
    Trademe for sensible money.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 20, 2006
  4. Philip

    Blue Guest

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:49:02 +1300, Philip wrote:

    > I'm looking for 100% reliability - Linux printing is already arcane
    > enough without making it worse.

    Gosh, so tell me what was it like for you before CUPS?

    Ms Penguin has just yelled from the kitchen, that she will talk to
    anybody, it is they who are snobs.
    Blue, Oct 21, 2006