Looking for a Low-cost System for High-speed Video Acquisition for Spanish Laboratory

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Miguel A. Gallardo en http://www.cita.es, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. We are looking for a video system in order to use it in a laboratory
    for impact and collission study, so we need more thant 60
    frames/second.

    Te best offer we have at the moment is a Panasonic AG-HVX200 that seems
    to be better for our pourposes and cheaper than Varicam system of Sony.

    It is not necessary a light or beutiful videocamara as it will work in
    an industrial like environment only in the laboratory.

    We have a budget about 4.500 Euros for the videocamara and accessories.

    The best published reference we found is
    [Paper] A Low-cost System for High-speed Video Acquisition -
    High-speed video-capture systems exist from some time now, ... A
    low-cost approach As it said in the introduction high-speed video
    acquisition systems do ...
    www.actapress.com/PDFViewer.aspx?paperId=14322

    I shall appreciate any offer, advice or contact in order to ask for
    prices, as soon as possible.

    Miguel A. Gallardo, E-mail:
    www.cita.es Tel.: (+34) 619776475

    Miguel A. Gallardo en http://www.cita.es, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Miguel A. Gallardo en http://www.cita.es

    J. Clarke Guest

    Miguel A. Gallardo en http://www.cita.es wrote:

    > We are looking for a video system in order to use it in a laboratory
    > for impact and collission study, so we need more thant 60
    > frames/second.
    >
    > Te best offer we have at the moment is a Panasonic AG-HVX200 that seems
    > to be better for our pourposes and cheaper than Varicam system of Sony.
    >
    > It is not necessary a light or beutiful videocamara as it will work in
    > an industrial like environment only in the laboratory.
    >
    > We have a budget about 4.500 Euros for the videocamara and accessories.

    I'm a little puzzled. Why are you looking at consumer HD camcorders if you
    need high speed? Google "high speed video" and you'll come up with a
    number of cameras that can handle much, much higher framerates.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Mar 27, 2006