    Whatever.
    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Msgr Scooter, Jun 4, 2011

  2. Msgr Scooter

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-06-04, Msgr Scooter <aqc.zwoau@fshccqg.123> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a mentor to help me with installing Linux and email, browser and
    > news client etc, on a spare machine.
    > Just the occasional brain picking questions from me by email, no home visits or
    > phone calls.
    > I've just ordered Fedora 15 with Gnome from Copyleft, this is on live CD's.
    > Whatever.

    Hope you like Gnome 3. Browser works out of the box. Thunderbird is a
    question of filling in the same bits you already have filled in on your
    existing mail client.

    News client. Pan, likewise if you wish to use that.

    Finally boot off the live CD and have a play, then install

    Gordon, Jun 5, 2011

  3. Msgr Scooter

    John Little Guest

    On Jun 5, 12:00 am, Msgr Scooter <aqc.zw...@fshccqg.123> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a mentor to help me with installing Linux and email, browser and
    > news client etc, on a spare machine....

    > I've just ordered Fedora 15 with Gnome from Copyleft, this is on live CD's.

    While I have no experience with FedoraForum.org, the forum for your
    distro would be the first place to go. If you have a problem,
    especially a newbie one, chances are someone else has had it and has
    asked for help in that obvious place. Some distro forums are very
    welcoming communities.

    Regards, John

    John Little, Jun 6, 2011
  4. In article <>, John Little <> wrote:
    >On Jun 5, 12:00=A0am, Msgr Scooter <aqc.zw...@fshccqg.123> wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a mentor to help me with installing Linux and email, brow=

    >ser and
    >> news client etc, on a spare machine....
    >> I've just ordered Fedora 15 with Gnome from Copyleft, this is on live CD'=

    >s.
    >While I have no experience with FedoraForum.org, the forum for your
    >distro would be the first place to go. If you have a problem,
    >especially a newbie one, chances are someone else has had it and has
    >asked for help in that obvious place. Some distro forums are very
    >welcoming communities.

    Be warned, however, that a number of the linux news groups seem to have
    a number of posters that assume ignorance = MS shill. While there is
    often useful help available from them, be prepared to don flame proof
    overalls before using. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 7, 2011