    Any suggestions appreciated!

    TIA,
    JohnO

    JohnO, Nov 27, 2003

  2. JohnO

    Warwick Guest

    On 27 Nov 2003 02:40:41 -0800, (JohnO) wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I'd like to be able to keep source code for different projects I'm
    >working on on my hosted web server. I can install PHP, Perl, MySQL etc
    >on the site which is Linux based, but can't use any form of shell
    >access. I was wondering if there were any CVS style packages available
    >for this scenario. From what I read about CVS it won't work here.
    >
    >Some of the code is client confidential, so I can't just create a
    >project on one of the public repositories... or can I?
    >
    >Any suggestions appreciated!
    >
    >TIA,
    >JohnO

    this may help
    http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

    cheers
    Warwick

    Warwick, Nov 28, 2003

  3. JohnO

    Steven H Guest

    In article <>, Oliver960
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'd like to be able to keep source code for different projects I'm
    > working on on my hosted web server. I can install PHP, Perl, MySQL etc
    > on the site which is Linux based, but can't use any form of shell
    > access. I was wondering if there were any CVS style packages available
    > for this scenario. From what I read about CVS it won't work here.
    >
    > Some of the code is client confidential, so I can't just create a
    > project on one of the public repositories... or can I?
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated!
    >
    > TIA,
    > JohnO

    http://subversion.tigris.org/

    free

    Steven H

    Steven H, Nov 29, 2003
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    > On 27 Nov 2003 02:40:41 -0800, (JohnO) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All,
    > >
    > >I'd like to be able to keep source code for different projects I'm
    > >working on on my hosted web server. I can install PHP, Perl, MySQL etc
    > >on the site which is Linux based, but can't use any form of shell
    > >access. I was wondering if there were any CVS style packages available
    > >for this scenario. From what I read about CVS it won't work here.
    > >
    > >Some of the code is client confidential, so I can't just create a
    > >project on one of the public repositories... or can I?
    > >
    > >Any suggestions appreciated!
    > >
    > >TIA,
    > >JohnO

    > this may help
    > http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > cheers
    > Warwick

    Hmm, not bad... but not quite what I was after. I'm thinking of a pure
    HTML/PHP solution. No client program other than a browser, and no server
    program other than a HTTP server with PHP or similar server side automation.

    Might try and write a simple attempt at this if there isn't any such thing
    yet. I'm thinking that the diffs could be stored in mySQL BLOBs, and that
    PHP can handle all the file up/downloads and drive diff and ed to do the
    actual work. HTML can handle all the access control too.

    Is this reinventing the wheel?

    Cheers,
    JohnO

    JohnO, Nov 29, 2003
  5. JohnO

    E. Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'd like to be able to keep source code for different projects I'm
    > working on on my hosted web server. I can install PHP, Perl, MySQL etc
    > on the site which is Linux based, but can't use any form of shell
    > access. I was wondering if there were any CVS style packages available
    > for this scenario. From what I read about CVS it won't work here.
    >
    > Some of the code is client confidential, so I can't just create a
    > project on one of the public repositories... or can I?
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated!
    >
    > TIA,
    > JohnO

    Go to sourceforge.net and use CVS as the search entry.
    E.

    E., Nov 29, 2003