    worth the money? Are just plain dvd recorders a better investment? What
    are the best brands to get? I hear that Sony's are horrible. Please, I
    need as many suggestions as possible. Thanks!

    wildchild79, Jan 23, 2005

  2. wildchild79

    Guest

    Re: Looking for a great dvd recorder/vcr combo..are they worth it?Suggestions?

    I bought the Liteon 5005 dvd recorder and it works pretty good.
    It's firmware can be updated with a dvd or cd.
    The firmware can be adjusted to ignore macrovision and add a few more
    features that are not available with the store bought unit.
    All in one machines are convienent, but when one part gets old or broken
    your stuck.

    wildchild79 wrote:
    > My double deck vcr is starting to go.. I need something new. I need
    > something quick..but i need something good. I was looking at a dvd
    > recorder/vcr combo, so i can record both ways and if needed to record
    > from vhs to vhs , i can hook up my old machine to the new one. Are they
    > worth the money? Are just plain dvd recorders a better investment? What
    > are the best brands to get? I hear that Sony's are horrible. Please, I
    > need as many suggestions as possible. Thanks!

    , Jan 23, 2005