    worth the money? Are just plain dvd recorders a better investment? What
    are the best brands to get? I hear that Sony's are horrible. Please, I
    need as many suggestions as possible. Thanks!
    wildchild79, Jan 23, 2005

  2. wildchild79

    MauiJNP Guest

    MauiJNP, Jan 23, 2005

  3. wildchild79

    MauiJNP Guest

    "wildchild79" <> wrote in message
    > My double deck vcr is starting to go.. I need something new. I need
    > something quick..but i need something good. I was looking at a dvd
    > recorder/vcr combo, so i can record both ways and if needed to record
    > from vhs to vhs , i can hook up my old machine to the new one. Are they
    > worth the money? Are just plain dvd recorders a better investment? What
    > are the best brands to get? I hear that Sony's are horrible. Please, I
    > need as many suggestions as possible. Thanks!

    I had a JVC combo with twin tuner. You could record two separate channels
    at the same time with this. I believe JVC is the only brand to do this.
    there is even a combo model with a hard drive if you want to pay more.
    overall, I loved it. it was easy to use and provided some great features.
    one of my favorite things was the ability to record to and to read dvdr,
    dvdram and dvdrw. hard to find that feature elsewhere. I ended up
    returning it due to a timer record malfunction. I would have gotten the
    same one but the store was out and I didn't want to wait. I ended up
    getting a new Sony vcr and a panasonic recorder. not a combo but its ok.
    takes up more space though, which does suck a lot. the benefit is that if
    one breaks, I just replace one. good luck with whatever you choose. save
    receipts, boxes and paperwork so you can take it back if you don't like.
    MauiJNP, Jan 23, 2005