    era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.

    I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
    even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

    Johnnyboy, Jan 25, 2005

  2. On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <> wrote:

    >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
    >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
    >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
    >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
    >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
    >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
    >
    >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
    >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

    What sort of rockets are you referring to?

    Dyuob Poltice, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Johnnyboy

    Johnnyboy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <> wrote:
    >
    > >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
    > >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
    > >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
    > >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
    > >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
    > >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
    > >
    > >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
    > >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

    > What sort of rockets are you referring to?

    Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
    that.

    Johnnyboy, Feb 3, 2005
  4. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:09:48 -0500, Johnnyboy <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
    >> >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
    >> >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
    >> >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
    >> >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
    >> >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
    >> >
    >> >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
    >> >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

    >> What sort of rockets are you referring to?

    >Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
    >that.

    Well, since you want stuff after Apollo, you might try:
    The Dream is Alive (an Imax film on dvd)
    Or, perhaps
    Blue Planet, again, it's another Imax dvd.
    There are other Imax films about space, just check Amazon.
    If you reconsider the older stuff, Madacy a few space flight sets that
    are relatively inexpensive, but the coolest I've seen so far is the
    NASA sets from their archives.
    The detail is astounding.
    I've got the Apollo 11 and Gemini sets, and they really are a treat to
    watch.

    Dyuob Poltice, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Johnnyboy

    Johnnyboy Guest

    I do have The Dream is Alive and Blue Planet. They are great. I was
    just hoping there was a dvd with cameras on the side of rockets showing
    the launch from pad to orbit.

    I just did a quick search on the web and found this short Quicktime
    video. It's a lanuch from pad to orbit. The quality is low, but what
    I've seen on tv, the video can be very high. This is what I'm after.
    Cameras on the side of rockets.

    http://www.mars.tv/video/mars-odyssey-launch-300qt.html

    In article <>,
    says...

    Johnnyboy, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Johnnyboy

    Nick Guest

    How about that film called Rocket man ? Or is that just a song by Elton
    John?

    Nick, Feb 9, 2005
  7. Johnnyboy

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > How about that film called Rocket man ? Or is that just a song by
    > Elton John?

    You're probably thinking of "Rocket Boys".

    Mike Kohary, Feb 10, 2005
  8. Johnnyboy

    robert gray Guest

    The Dish, a great Australian film.

    robert gray, Feb 10, 2005
  9. Johnnyboy

    Nick Guest

    or was it an old 50's tv series? Or both - actually it was both. The film is
    good in a bad sort of way

    Nick, Feb 10, 2005