Looking for a gaming mouse that lasts

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Jun 14, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "El Chippy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
    >>
    >>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
    >>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
    >>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?
    >>>

    >> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
    >> after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
    >> and try another brand.

    > Umm.. dont think it would work...
    >
    > Buy X brand mouse thats not labelled for gaming and it breaks while playing
    > a game..... since it wasnt labelled for gaming, then youd lose out.....

    It is reasonable to expect the mouse to be used for some gaming...that
    is a big use for home computers.....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 19, 2007

  2. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <>, y says...
    >> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
    >> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
    >> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > You have me scratching my head. I am a heavy gamer plus all the other stuff I
    > do on the computer, and my Logitech cordless desktop has held up for some 4+
    > years. The keyboard is still good, I wore away some of the rubber on the mouse
    > and it started missing and sucking batteries dry quickly so I replaced that.
    >
    > The new mouse is a Logitech G7 cordless. I have some doubt about those lithium
    > rechargables, they only seem to last for ~8 hours of use after 5 months. The
    > mouse looks as good as the day it came out of the box in January. Since I have
    > two batteries and the charger/receiver is plugged into the usb hub on the
    > monitor it's not really a big issue though.
    >
    > Do you let your dog have a go after you knock off for the day?
    >
    > Anyway, I can heartily recommend the quality of Logitech mice. Get a corded G5
    > if you want to circumvent all battery issues ...
    >
    > cheers, -Peter

    The old mouse was a infra-red logitec 4 button...but that was too slow
    for gaming it is 4+ years old....So I used a ball mouse alongside it,
    when i re-built my machine I got a usb mouse....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 19, 2007