    ,, all advice is welcome and i know there are lots but suggestions of more
    than one would be welcome for me to check them out to see if its what am
    looking for.

    seeyoujimmy, Jul 31, 2007

  2. seeyoujimmy

    Guest

    , Jul 31, 2007

  3. seeyoujimmy

    Mike Easter Guest

    seeyoujimmy wrote:
    > I used to use a great program called sierra print artst but was only
    > made to work in windows 98.

    Sierra Print Artist history is briefly developed in the wiki and
    outlined from the early 90s to the present including its forks and
    derivatives, contributors and evolution and ownership.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Print_Artist Sierra Print Artist

    > ,, all advice is welcome and i know there are lots but suggestions of
    > more than one would be welcome for me to check them out to see if its
    > what am looking for.

    Current website and v. 21 is here http://www.printartist.com/ and sells
    for $30 and runs on Windows_ 98/Me/2000/XP

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2007
  4. Re: looking for a free program that can design allsorts of signsand banners and posters etc.

    seeyoujimmy wrote:
    > I used to use a great program called sierra print artst but was only made to
    > work in windows 98.I like to make signs of warning with headlines and text
    > underneath and be able to see that actual size of text in my project bas
    > its made instaed of these cheap programs that you just enter text into a
    > small blank search bar similiar type thing that doesnt let you see a preview
    > of your finished project , do you know of any great programs that would come
    > into this area of designing similair to MS powrpoint but slighty better with
    > a alot more options as it would be appreciate as its going to a good cause
    > ,, all advice is welcome and i know there are lots but suggestions of more
    > than one would be welcome for me to check them out to see if its what am
    > looking for.

    CorelDRAW. Very powerful, very flexible.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 1, 2007
  5. OpenOffice which is free DOES have a Presentation mode very similar
    to PowerPoint.

    Mike Easter's reply is probably a better choice.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 1, 2007
  6. seeyoujimmy wrote:
    > I used to use a great program called sierra print artst but was only made to
    > work in windows 98.

    Uh...it's still available, and works through WinXP. Did you look for it
    *at all*?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 1, 2007
  7. seeyoujimmy

    thanatoid Guest

    "seeyoujimmy" <> wrote in

    > I used to use a great program called sierra print artst but
    > was only made to work in windows 98.I like to make signs of
    > warning with headlines and text underneath and be able to
    > see that actual size of text in my project bas its made
    > instaed of these cheap programs that you just enter text
    > into a small blank search bar similiar type thing that
    > doesnt let you see a preview of your finished project , do
    > you know of any great programs that would come into this
    > area of designing similair to MS powrpoint but slighty
    > better with a alot more options as it would be appreciate
    > as its going to a good cause ,, all advice is welcome and i
    > know there are lots but suggestions of more than one would
    > be welcome for me to check them out to see if its what am
    > looking for.

    I have never used it - I use PageMaker - but there is aprogram
    called SerifPlus which is the same, just supposedly not as good
    (although who knows) and you can get a free copy of it on many
    computer-magazine CD's if you look around. Otherwise look up
    "DTP freware" on google (or shareware, a lot of it works forever
    anyway). DTP stands for desktop publishing.

    You could find a free older version of CorelDraw in the same
    way.

    I am not aware of decent DTP programs that were offered free
    aside from these. But you could PROBABLY (again, I have never
    used it) do the same in Paint Shop Pro, lots of older (before
    Corel bought them out) versions of which are to be found all
    over the place.

    --
    "...for the force that circles the earth most times in a second
    is not electricity but pain."

    thanatoid, Aug 1, 2007
  8. seeyoujimmy

    Guest

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:41:54 GMT, "seeyoujimmy" <>
    wrote:

    >I used to use a great program called sierra print artst but was only made to
    >work in windows 98.I like to make signs of warning with headlines and text
    >underneath and be able to see that actual size of text in my project bas
    >its made instaed of these cheap programs that you just enter text into a
    >small blank search bar similiar type thing that doesnt let you see a preview
    >of your finished project , do you know of any great programs that would come
    >into this area of designing similair to MS powrpoint but slighty better with
    >a alot more options as it would be appreciate as its going to a good cause
    >,, all advice is welcome and i know there are lots but suggestions of more
    >than one would be welcome for me to check them out to see if its what am
    >looking for.

    I strongly advise and encourage you to visit alt.comp.freeware
    newgroup, you will get plenty of genuine, good advice. This is where
    all the material for: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ is discussed
    and voted upon. They are very helpful, good Luck
    Allen

    , Aug 1, 2007