    not at the PC, but rather at the TV site itself.

    What should I be looking for??

    nick
    nick, Jun 28, 2007

  2. nick

    Stan Brown Guest

    Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:42:56 GMT from nick <>:
    > I'd love to replace our aging VCRs with something a
    > little better. Looking around, it's hard to tell
    > who's offering what.
    >
    > I think I'd prefer to record off the air to a hard drive,
    > then burn what I want to a DVD. But I'd like to do this
    > not at the PC, but rather at the TV site itself.
    >
    > What should I be looking for??

    A DVD recorder with a hard drive, a HDD DVR. Have a look in
    avsforum.com for some recommendations.

    Many of us like the Pioneer 640, if you can find one.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Jun 29, 2007

  3. nick

    root Guest

    nick <> wrote:
    > I'd love to replace our aging VCRs with something a
    > little better. Looking around, it's hard to tell
    > who's offering what.
    >
    > I think I'd prefer to record off the air to a hard drive,
    > then burn what I want to a DVD. But I'd like to do this
    > not at the PC, but rather at the TV site itself.
    >
    > What should I be looking for??
    >
    > nick

    Make sure you get one with an ATSC tuner as well as analog.
    Philips makes one, also branded by Polaroid.
    root, Jun 29, 2007