    always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.

    Thanks in advanced
    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. Daniel Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Fellows
    >
    > I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
    > of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
    > time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
    > formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
    > Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
    > original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
    > think Dell doesn't care about this.
    >
    > Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
    > Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
    > always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
    >
    > Thanks in advanced

    Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
    (not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
    with appropriate drivers for it?
    Daniel, Nov 3, 2005

  3. "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Hi Fellows
    >>
    >> I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
    >> of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
    >> time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
    >> formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
    >> Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
    >> original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
    >> think Dell doesn't care about this.
    >>
    >> Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
    >> Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
    >> always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advanced
    >>

    > Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
    > (not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
    > with appropriate drivers for it?

    i think he is saying that they don't even have a cd.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Daniel Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Fellows
    >>>
    >>>I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
    >>>of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
    >>>time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
    >>>formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
    >>>Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
    >>>original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
    >>>think Dell doesn't care about this.
    >>>
    >>>Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
    >>>Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
    >>>always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advanced
    >>>

    >>Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
    >>(not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
    >>with appropriate drivers for it?

    > i think he is saying that they don't even have a cd.

    I got the impression he was referring specifically to a Inspiron 600m
    Restore CD, since it's already "been formatted using a different Windows
    XP Home...", not just any Windows XP Home CD.
    Daniel, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Guest

    "Formatted using a different windows XP CD " that is correct... but I
    didn't mean that was me.
    , Nov 3, 2005