Looking for a contract Linux/legato/unix sys admin for 3~6monthsbased in Wellington

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing2, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    Probably around 5 years experience, Redhat/Suse/Solaris of real interest.

    The more legato you know, the better. ie anything from capable of
    restoring a file up to (and beyond) installing Legato and configuring a
    6 tape jukebox.

    In general ~ enterprise level experience really looked for.

    Infrastructure applications like, sendmail, ie 6 million emails a month,
    DNS, soft and hardware raid.....

    Immediate start (yesterday would have been good.....)

    ;]

    Drop me an email at with your CV.

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Aug 11, 2005

  2. thing2

    Steve Guest

    Re: Looking for a contract Linux/legato/unix sys admin for 3~6months based in Wellington

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:30:52 +1200, thing2 wrote:

    > Probably around 5 years experience, Redhat/Suse/Solaris of real interest.
    >
    > The more legato you know, the better. ie anything from capable of
    > restoring a file up to (and beyond) installing Legato and configuring a
    > 6 tape jukebox.
    >
    > In general ~ enterprise level experience really looked for.
    >
    > Infrastructure applications like, sendmail, ie 6 million emails a month,
    > DNS, soft and hardware raid.....
    >
    > Immediate start (yesterday would have been good.....)
    >
    > ;]
    >
    > Drop me an email at with your CV.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I can do all that! Only got 21 yrs commercial Unix experience though, and
    a CNE :)

    Can I work via vpn from Chch??

    Steve
    Steve, Aug 11, 2005

  3. thing2

    thingy Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:30:52 +1200, thing2 wrote:
    >

    >>Probably around 5 years experience, Redhat/Suse/Solaris of real interest.
    >>
    >>The more legato you know, the better. ie anything from capable of
    >>restoring a file up to (and beyond) installing Legato and configuring a
    >>6 tape jukebox.
    >>
    >>In general ~ enterprise level experience really looked for.
    >>
    >>Infrastructure applications like, sendmail, ie 6 million emails a month,
    >>DNS, soft and hardware raid.....
    >>
    >>Immediate start (yesterday would have been good.....)
    >>
    >>;]
    >>
    >>Drop me an email at with your CV.
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > I can do all that! Only got 21 yrs commercial Unix experience though, and
    > a CNE :)
    >
    > Can I work via vpn from Chch??
    >
    > Steve

    heh....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Aug 11, 2005
  4. thing2

    Enkidu Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:30:52 +1200, thing2 wrote:
    >>

    >>> Probably around 5 years experience, Redhat/Suse/Solaris of real
    >>> interest.
    >>>
    >>> The more legato you know, the better. ie anything from capable of
    >>> restoring a file up to (and beyond) installing Legato and configuring
    >>> a 6 tape jukebox.
    >>>
    >>> In general ~ enterprise level experience really looked for.
    >>>
    >>> Infrastructure applications like, sendmail, ie 6 million emails a
    >>> month, DNS, soft and hardware raid.....
    >>>
    >>> Immediate start (yesterday would have been good.....)
    >>>
    >>> ;]
    >>>
    >>> Drop me an email at with your CV.

    I've only got 27 years experience of Unix, and I'm not used
    to working with small (6 million emails a month) mail
    systems, but feel free to call me. I don't do less than 250
    tape Storetek silos though.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 12, 2005
  5. thing2

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:40:05 +1200, Enkidu wrote:

    > thingy wrote:
    >> Steve wrote:

    > I've only got 27 years experience of Unix, and I'm not used
    > to working with small (6 million emails a month) mail
    > systems, but feel free to call me. I don't do less than 250
    > tape Storetek silos though.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Is that like storagetek but different? You should see the licensing costs
    from Sun when you go over the 500... that's what I needed for a 4 million
    mailbox imap server platform! 3 servers just managing the backups...

    Steve
    Steve, Aug 13, 2005