    descriptions on the 'net are not always clear about this.

    Can anyone point me to such a color laser?

    Thank you.

    Jack Gillis, Aug 30, 2006

  2. "Jack Gillis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There certainly are lot on the market. I am looking for one that has two
    > specific features.
    >
    > First, its driver for Windows XP must provide a means for printing in the
    > manual duplex (two sided I think it is called) mode.
    >
    > Second, it must have a manual feed tray I can use for printing envelopes
    > without having to remove the paper from the normal default tray.
    >
    > I've not been able to find such a thing in any of the local stores and the
    > descriptions on the 'net are not always clear about this.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to such a color laser?
    >
    > Thank you.

    In the UK the best computer magazine by far is PC Pro. I think there
    reviews are very good and I value their opinion. They recently did one of
    their 'Labs' on affordable personal colour laser printers. The HP Color
    LaserJet 2605dn did well, and it has duplex printing.

    You might want to read the Introduction before the individual reviews.

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/143/personal-colour-lasers/products.html

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 30, 2006

  3. Jack Gillis

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "Jack Gillis" <> wrote in message
    > > There certainly are lot on the market. I am looking for one that has two
    > > specific features.
    > >
    > > First, its driver for Windows XP must provide a means for printing in the
    > > manual duplex (two sided I think it is called) mode.
    > >
    > > Second, it must have a manual feed tray I can use for printing envelopes
    > > without having to remove the paper from the normal default tray.
    > >
    > > I've not been able to find such a thing in any of the local stores and the
    > > descriptions on the 'net are not always clear about this.
    > >
    > > Can anyone point me to such a color laser?
    > >
    > > Thank you.

    > In the UK the best computer magazine by far is PC Pro. I think there
    > reviews are very good and I value their opinion. They recently did one of
    > their 'Labs' on affordable personal colour laser printers. The HP Color
    > LaserJet 2605dn did well, and it has duplex printing.
    >
    > You might want to read the Introduction before the individual reviews.
    >
    > http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/143/personal-colour-lasers/products.html

    I second the HP line, but I also don't buy them for color any more. I
    bought a Okidata C5500n for $499 and have found it to be very good for
    color quality.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Jack Gillis

    Larry Crites Guest

    TigerDirect.com was having a sale on color laser printers.

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Aug 30, 2006
  5. Jack Gillis

    Spuds Guest

    On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:10:49 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Jack Gillis" <> wrote in message
    >> > There certainly are lot on the market. I am looking for one that has two
    >> > specific features.
    >> >
    >> > First, its driver for Windows XP must provide a means for printing in the
    >> > manual duplex (two sided I think it is called) mode.
    >> >
    >> > Second, it must have a manual feed tray I can use for printing envelopes
    >> > without having to remove the paper from the normal default tray.
    >> >
    >> > I've not been able to find such a thing in any of the local stores and the
    >> > descriptions on the 'net are not always clear about this.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone point me to such a color laser?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you.

    >> In the UK the best computer magazine by far is PC Pro. I think there
    >> reviews are very good and I value their opinion. They recently did one of
    >> their 'Labs' on affordable personal colour laser printers. The HP Color
    >> LaserJet 2605dn did well, and it has duplex printing.
    >>
    >> You might want to read the Introduction before the individual reviews.
    >>
    >> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/143/personal-colour-lasers/products.html

    >I second the HP line, but I also don't buy them for color any more. I
    >bought a Okidata C5500n for $499 and have found it to be very good for
    >color quality.

    How do you find the consumables stack up cost-wise, to inkjets?

    --

    "If hooking a car battery up to a monkey's brain will help find the
    cure for AIDS and save somebody's life, I have two things to say...

    - Nick DiPaolo

    Spuds, Aug 30, 2006