  1. Anyone sell the Hyena atx-24 mid tower? Want the one with 4 5 inch drive bays on it.

    This is the one with the transparant plastic swoosh on the front of it.

    All the new cases look like cars or cellphones and look cheap :(

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Andrew Guest

    Icutes are just as bad

    "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:06:12 +1200, Richard Malcolm-Smith

    <>

    Andrew, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Pete Guest

    PP have the 3R System Air cases with 400W psu on special for $152.
    They look quite nice...
    http://www.3rsystem.co.kr/english/product/case/air.asp

    Pete, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Andrew wrote:

    > The only Hyena ATX-24 available now are the Full tower jobs - has the same
    > design n stuff on the front

    Damn, I already have 2 and want more to match...

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jul 24, 2003
  5. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:46:55 +1200, "Andrew" <> wrote:

    >Icutes are just as bad

    State what is Bad about them..?

    Greg Townsend, Jul 24, 2003
  6. "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:46:55 +1200, "Andrew" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Icutes are just as bad

    > State what is Bad about them..?

    Their powersupplies are crap, for a start.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 24, 2003
  7. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:19:19 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >"Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:46:55 +1200, "Andrew" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Icutes are just as bad

    >> State what is Bad about them..?
    >>

    >Their powersupplies are crap, for a start.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nicholas Sherlock

    But so are Hyena ones, the Icute one can take 5 HD and a Front mounted fan
    that Blows onto the HD, not many cheap cases do that.

    But a PSU is not the Case is it.?

    Greg Townsend, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Andrew Guest

    Yes, your right, We never said the Hyena had a good one, Just answered the
    mans question

    Andrew, Jul 24, 2003
  9. >>Their powersupplies are crap, for a start.

    >>Cheers,
    >>Nicholas Sherlock
    >>

    > But so are Hyena ones, the Icute one can take 5 HD and a Front mounted fan
    > that Blows onto the HD, not many cheap cases do that.
    >
    > But a PSU is not the Case is it.?

    I havent had a prob with the powersupplies in my existing hyena case

    The tower I have has 8 HDD's in it, and cd optical drives, nforce2 board and a
    GF2MX all off the supplied 350 or 400 or whatever it was. Stable.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jul 24, 2003
  10. In article <bfnnpc$6as$>, says...
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    > > The only Hyena ATX-24 available now are the Full tower jobs - has the same
    > > design n stuff on the front

    > Damn, I already have 2 and want more to match...

    I won't touch Hyena with a bargepole. Mostly I think the problems are
    with the power supplies in them (you get what you pay for I guess) - I've
    seen a couple of blown ones (one took the mobo down with it), several PSU
    fans with bearings packing up (the one and only I bought had the bearings
    in the PSU pack a sad after 3 days) and I also didn't like the very
    'lite' nature of the cases I have worked on. The power supplies are VERY
    sparse inside. And I don't think this is because of their advanced
    circuitry.

    My wife's InWin mid-tower is twice the weight of an equivalent Hyena
    case. Which is NOT a bad thing ... (noise, vibration, solidity).
    My own Inwin full tower is built like the proverbial brick shithouse.

    I also recommend AOpen cases wholeheartedly - they are very well built
    and nice to work on. Never had trouble with one of them.

    Have heard good things about Procase, but the one I ordered was lost by
    the couriers so I have no first hand experience of them.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 24, 2003
  11. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    pete Guest

    wrote:

    > >> State what is Bad about them..?
    > >>

    > >Their powersupplies are crap, for a start.
    > >
    > >Cheers,
    > >Nicholas Sherlock
    > >

    > But so are Hyena ones, the Icute one can take 5 HD and a Front mounted

    fan
    > that Blows onto the HD, not many cheap cases do that.
    >
    > But a PSU is not the Case is it.?

    Woger has a new name.

    pete, Jul 24, 2003
  12. Greg Townsend wrote:

    > Crap

    Inserted into the list.

    1 10 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    2 9 of 11 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    3 Angel of Paradise <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    4 Angel of Paradise.. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    5 Atom Man [at]atomic.co.nz
    6 Atom Man [at]comics.co.nz
    7 badcat[at]catname.com
    8 batman[at]rockcave.com
    9 bben[at]nohome.com
    10 BIG Bear [at]bearcat.com.au
    11 Big Bird [at]birdcage.com
    12 bigdick[at]sex.com
    13 Bill <bills[at]hmware.com>
    14 "Bill" <bills[at]homeware.com>
    15 Bill Smith <intelboy[at]yahoo.com>
    16 Bird Man. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    17 Bird Man <squawk[at]nospamnewsguy.com>
    18 Bird of Paradise. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    19 BirdMan <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
    20 Black Bird [at]birdman.com.au
    21 Black Bird [at]nests.com
    22 Blade Runner <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
    23 Blade Runner® <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
    24 Blue Tit [at]birdman.com.au
    25 Brian Bishop <bbishop[at]hotmail.com>
    26 Brian Withers <bwitheres[at]nospamhotmail.com>
    27 bug bunny[at]bunnies.com
    28 Dingbats [at]ding.co.nz
    29 fbrown [at]yahoo.co.nz
    30 ffish[at]nname.com
    31 ffish[at]noname.com
    32 "Fred Smith" <fsmith[at]anyone.com>
    33 Fred Turtle <fturtle[at]yahoo.com>
    34 Fred Turtle <fturtle[at]yahoonosmam.com>
    35 Freddy Fish <ffish[at]globenospam.net.nz>
    36 GLAD Wrap. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    37 Greg Townsend <greg.t[at]yahoonospam.com>
    38 Henry_VIII <henry_VIII[at]hamptoncourt.co.uk>
    39 Henry_vlll <henry_vlll[at]hamptoncourt.uk>
    40 Horse Whisperer. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    41 Jackknife © <jackknife_nz[at]yahoo.com>
    42 Kingpin© <kpin[at]yahoo.com>
    43 Kiwi Boy. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    44 Master Tech © <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
    45 Master Tech 1 <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
    46 Master Tech <mt[at]electonics.co.nz>
    47 Master Tech <mt[at]electronics.co.nz>
    48 Mathew Williams <mwilliams[at]xtra.co.nz>
    49 No. 9 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    50 P2000 [at]cybernet.org
    51 P2001 [at]cybernet.org
    52 P4 [at]p4.com
    53 P4 <P4[at]p4.com>
    54 PeaCock [at]nesting.com
    55 Philip Brown <pbrown[at]hotmailnospam.com>
    56 Philip Williams <pwilliams[at]hotmailspam.com
    57 pinocchio [at]wooden.co.nz
    58 pinocchio [at]woodendols.co.nz
    59 pip[at]fruit.com
    60 plum[at]fruit.com
    61 pommyb[at]pomland.co.uk
    62 pom[at]pom.co.uk
    63 puss[at]purr.com
    64 puss[at]purrpurr.com
    65 pussy[at]catname.com
    66 pussy[at]purrpurr.com
    67 Road Runner <rogers[at]chello.co.nz>
    68 Robin Wheeler <rwheeler[at]hotmailnospam.com>
    69 Roger Sheppard <rogers[at]xtra.co.nz>
    70 roger[at]globe.net.nz
    71 rogerrabit[at]bunnies.com
    72 rogerrabit[at]bunny.com
    73 roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz
    74 rogers[at]xtra.co.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    75 Santa [at]northpole.com
    76 Scroll <scroll[at]notvalid.com>
    77 sheppard_r[at]ix.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
    78 sheppard_r[at]kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
    79 Sophist <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    80 Sparrow [at]bird.com.au
    81 Sparrow [at]birdman.com.au
    82 Star Ranger.© <star.ranger[at]yahoo.com>
    83 stone[at]fruit.com
    84 stone[at]fruits.com
    85 stone[at]fruits.org
    86 TEN. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    87 ten[at]noname.com
    88 The Easter Bunny. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    89 The KIWI © <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
    90 The KIWI ©® <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
    91 The KIWI. <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
    92 The KIWI.© <rogers[at]clear.net.nz>
    93 The Scarlet Pimpernel © <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    94 The Scarlet Pimpernet © <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    95 The Virus © <virus[at]nowhere.com>
    96 The Virus® <virus[at]yahoo.com>
    97 The Vulture© <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
    98 The Wise Old Owl [at]birdnesting.com
    99 The Wise Old Owl. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    100 The Wise Old Owl. <squawk[at]newsguy.com>
    101 V.I.P. 3 <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    102 V.I.P. <roger.s[at]paradise.net.nz>
    103 W2001 [at]cybernets.org
    104 william[at]paradise.net.nz (The KIWI...)
    105 Wingman <wingman[at]nospam.com>
    106 Woger MKII [at]wogerbox.co.nz
    107 ZipDisk© <ZipDisk©[at]yahoo.com>
    108 zipdisk©[at]yaho.com (Zipdisk©)

    --
    Kerrie ;-)

    Kerrie Felderton, Jul 24, 2003
  13. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bfnqac$84a$>, says...
    > "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:46:55 +1200, "Andrew" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Icutes are just as bad

    > > State what is Bad about them..?
    > >

    > Their powersupplies are crap, for a start.

    Woger alias Greg Townsend knows all about that eh..

    Mainlander, Jul 24, 2003
  14. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Rob Guest

    Woger killfile winner was Re: Looking for a case

    "Kerrie Felderton" <> wrote in message
    > Greg Townsend wrote:
    >
    > > Crap

    > Inserted into the list.

    <snip 108 aliases for Woger>

    Antone do better?

    I was up to 43, but crashed my system and lost my killfile.

    Rob.

    Rob, Jul 24, 2003
  15. > Inserted into the list.

    WOW ! I thought the man had some bi-polar problem, like two or three names.
    But this !

    lol

    Master Tech ©, Jul 24, 2003
  16. Richard Malcolm-Smith

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bfpj68$h65$>,
    do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq says...
    > > Inserted into the list.

    > WOW ! I thought the man had some bi-polar problem, like two or three names.
    > But this !

    But you have a personality problem if posting under one of his aliases

    Mainlander, Jul 25, 2003
  17. Mainlander wrote:
    > In article <bfpj68$h65$>,
    > do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq says...
    >>> Inserted into the list.

    >> WOW ! I thought the man had some bi-polar problem, like two or three
    >> names. But this !

    > But you have a personality problem if posting under one of his aliases

    Ha ha. But how do you know who is the REAL Master Tech ?! Like the Borg,
    there are no individuals, only the collective.

    Master Tech ©, Jul 25, 2003
  18. "Master Tech ©" <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in message
    > Mainlander wrote:
    > > In article <bfpj68$h65$>,
    > > do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq says...
    > >>

    > >> WOW ! I thought the man had some bi-polar problem, like two or three
    > >> names. But this !

    > > But you have a personality problem if posting under one of his aliases

    > Ha ha. But how do you know who is the REAL Master Tech ?! Like the Borg,
    > there are no individuals, only the collective.

    If you think that it's hard to tell which Master Tech is which, then you
    must be blind :p

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 25, 2003