Looking for a better image viewing program

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Daniel Prince, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. In addition to the pictures I have taken, I have thousands of
    pictures I have downloaded from newsgroups. I am still using ACDSee
    2.42 (registered) to look at my pictures because I have not found
    anything I like better.

    I am looking for a better image viewing program. ACDSee 2.42 would
    be perfect for me if it had these improvements:

    1. I like to add comments/descriptions to my files and directories
    by using the descript.ion file that ACDSee and other programs can
    create and edit. I find that I end up typing the same
    comments/descriptions over and over again. I would like to be able
    to hit the down arrow key and see and select any of the last 50 (or
    more) comments/descriptions I have typed.

    2. I would like to be able to convert files to png format.

    3. I would like to be able to crop jpeg files losslessly.

    Does anyone know of an image viewing program that works like ACDSee
    4.42 but has the improvements I want? Thank you in advance for all