    exactly what I need.

    --
    Spin
    Spin, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Spin

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.laptops,misc.forsale.computers.memory

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:16:42 -0400, Spin wrote:

    >Gurus,
    >
    >Maybe it's just me. But I can't seem to find a certain type of Memory on the

    :)

    >Internet. Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for a
    >laptop! (This laptop is going to do autocad btw). Go ahead and put this
    >into a search engine search field and you'll come up with all sorts of hits

    I would much rather put the laptop model details into

    www.crucial.com
    www.kingston.com

    Run / download the config memory scanners provided and see what's found.

    >related to ECC RAM, desktop memory, 4GB memory (line 2GBx2), etc...not
    >exactly what I need.

    Me
    why?, Mar 26, 2008

  3. Spin

    ded Guest

    "Spin" <> wrote in message
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Maybe it's just me. But I can't seem to find a certain type of Memory on
    > the Internet. Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC
    > for a laptop! (This laptop is going to do autocad btw). Go ahead and put
    > this into a search engine search field and you'll come up with all sorts
    > of hits related to ECC RAM, desktop memory, 4GB memory (line 2GBx2),
    > etc...not exactly what I need.
    >
    > --
    > Spin

    What laptop do you have that could accommadate 8gb of RAM?
    The laptop's MoBo dictates the capacity/configuration of installed
    RAM, unless it has 4 sockets of 2gb capacity each, you ain't going
    to install 8gb of RAM.
    And what operating system will you be running on such a
    sooper-dooper laptop - XP won't recognise much over 3.25gb
    of RAM, thats what the swap and page file are for.
    Same with Vista 32 bit, it too will only see approx 3.2 of RAM.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605

    Vista 64 bit can *see* (and use) RAM above 4gb, but depends
    on which version of Vista 64 bit.
    As for running AutoCAD, you do mean AutoDesk's AutoCAD right?
    Well that only runs on MS operating systems, not Apple, not Linux.
    And I maybe wrong as I only had a brief look but there dosen't
    seem to be a version of AutoCAD for Vista 64 bit.
    You need to do some homework, it is extremely doubtful that
    you have a MoBo that can accommadate 8gb of RAM, the fact
    you state you want 2 x 4gb modules indicates only two sockets,
    so the absolute max capacity of that laptop is 4gb, but unlikely
    to be even that in a laptops MoBo sockets - check it out first.
    ded, Mar 26, 2008
  4. Spin

    Pen Guest

    Re: Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC fora laptop!

    Spin wrote:
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Maybe it's just me. But I can't seem to find a certain type of Memory on the
    > Internet. Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for a
    > laptop! (This laptop is going to do autocad btw). Go ahead and put this
    > into a search engine search field and you'll come up with all sorts of hits
    > related to ECC RAM, desktop memory, 4GB memory (line 2GBx2), etc...not
    > exactly what I need.
    >
    > --
    > Spin

    It's not you, it's the makers. The only 4GB modules are 240 pin,
    registered and ECC for servers and cost about $380 each.
    Pen, Mar 26, 2008
  5. Spin

    L.E. Funt Guest

    you dont have anything to put it in

    L.E. Funt, Mar 27, 2008
  6. Spin

    Guest

    Re: Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for alaptop!

    HP's 8510w and 8710w support 8G memory which costs more than 1000$.

    On 3ÔÂ27ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç6ʱ16·Ö, "Spin" <> wrote:
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Maybe it's just me. But I can't seem to find a certain type of Memory on the
    > Internet. Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for a
    > laptop! (This laptop is going to do autocad btw). Go ahead and put this
    > into a search engine search field and you'll come up with all sorts of hits
    > related to ECC RAM, desktop memory, 4GB memory (line 2GBx2), etc...not
    > exactly what I need.
    >
    > --
    > Spin
    , Mar 27, 2008
  7. Spin

    Spin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    HP's 8510w and 8710w support 8G memory which costs more than 1000$.

    What type of memory is that? (# PINS, ECC/NON, speed, etc..
    Spin, Mar 27, 2008
  8. Spin

    why? Guest

    Re: Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for a laptop!

    x-post cut to 24HSHD.

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:29:33 -0400, Spin wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >HP's 8510w and 8710w support 8G memory which costs more than 1000$.
    >
    >What type of memory is that? (# PINS, ECC/NON, speed, etc..

    Lazy today?

    www.google.com using HP's 8510w finds a link (the 1st one) to hp.com
    with the specs.

    Memory
    1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 4 GB 667 MHz DDR
    SDRAM Upgradeable to 8 GB maximum (4 GB SODIMM in Slots 1 and 2)
    Memory slots 2 SODIMM slots

    Accessories tab, Memory (no really, it is) for other info.

    Or

    From previous post http://www.crucial.com/
    Put this in the search box
    HP Compaq 8510w

    4096MB
    CT711772 HP - Compaq Business Notebook 8510w Mobile Workstation
    DDR2 PC2-5300 • CL=5 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-667 • 1.8V •
    256Meg x 64

    4096MB
    CT768394 HP - Compaq Business Notebook 8510w Mobile Workstation
    DDR2 PC2-6400 • CL=6 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-800 • 1.8V •
    256Meg x 64

    If it's a really lazy day, clicking on the spec links, you get the pins.

    4GB kit (2GBx2), 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 memory module

    Me
    why?, Mar 28, 2008
  9. Spin

    Guest

    Re: Looking for: 8GB Memory kit (4GBx2), SODIMM, DDR2, NON-ECC for alaptop!

    It seems to be normal ddr 2 667 ram for laptop and you can configure
    them in HP's website to 8GB kit.
    I do not know who make these sticks.

    On 3ÔÂ28ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç12ʱ29·Ö, "Spin" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > HP's 8510w and 8710w support 8G memory which costs more than 1000$.
    >
    > What type of memory is that? (# PINS, ECC/NON, speed, etc..
    , Mar 28, 2008