    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks, Bevin B.
    , Aug 7, 2006

  2. bugbear Guest

    wrote:
    > hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
    > they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
    > printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
    > Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
    > it, but also would like a viewfinder.
    > Actually, I am looking for these features:
    > Use AA batteries
    > Viewfinder
    > 2:3 ratio
    > Large LCD screen (2.5")

    If you can find a print process (or software)
    that will do the crop "transparently" it might
    open your camera choices somewhat.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
    > they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
    > printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
    > Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
    > it, but also would like a viewfinder.
    > Actually, I am looking for these features:
    > Use AA batteries
    > Viewfinder
    > 2:3 ratio
    > Large LCD screen (2.5")
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks, Bevin B.

    My Panasonic DMC-LZ3 offers three aspect ratios, including
    3:2. It has no viewfinder, but the screen can be set to
    brighter for outdoor use. The LCD screen is 2". It can
    take a good number of photos on two Alkaline AA batteries.
    Some other Panasonic camera may fit your specs better.
    Marvin, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
    > they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
    > printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
    > Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
    > it, but also would like a viewfinder.
    > Actually, I am looking for these features:
    > Use AA batteries
    > Viewfinder
    > 2:3 ratio
    > Large LCD screen (2.5")
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    My Sony DSC-W100 does 2:3, but it does not use AA batteries. Even so, I
    can go out and shoot photos all day and not have the battery run down on
    me. I simply keep a spare battery with the camera and it works well for
    me. The quality of the images is impressive too and the controls are
    very easy to operate, even in full manual mode.
    Shawn Hirn, Aug 8, 2006